where to find reasons for life...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Angst, Sep 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angst

Angst New Member

Hi everyone. My life is so fucked up, but i cant commit suicide for some reasons(the main are my parents, my death would be a huge shock for them)so I am kinda in the unpleasant situation ,I hate every minute of my life but cant run away from it...So I have to hold on somehow,but how to make life more bearable?Yeah,there are music,movies,etc...but I cant sit at home evey day,I have to go to the institute where different shit can happen...I think i need some thing that will help me feel a little bit better but i dunno what it is...besides alcohol of course:)
  2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Is there anything you enjoy doing? Like a hobby, or a sport, or just something that will bring some enjoyment into your life?
  3. Angst

Angst New Member

Well,there were some things that i enjoyed to do(several kinds of sport),but because of my incapability to communicate with people I just gave it up.
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Watching sports you enjoy going out to a baseball game a hockey game etc Joining a social group in your area.
  5. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

We should look at the issues that brought you to wanting to die.

ODIECOM Well-Known Member

how come you cant communicate with ppl ?
  7. Angst

Angst New Member

good idea, i adore football and basketball games, but at the current time I have nobody to go with me,so i have to watch it on tv

Usual things that were described here hundred times...serious lack of self-confidence,very lackluster life, unability to start a new life, therefore loneliness and hopelessness.

well I felt very uncomfortable when I communicate with people(especially girls)
    When I was a kid I was often told that I am a little shy,but now shyness is a wrong word i guess,maybe some sort of socia phobia.
  8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello, welcome to the forums.

I'm glad you came here and posted, I hope it has helped so far.
    Do you think talking to a doctor,therapist or a crisis line would make you feel any different? Every little helps, please seek professional help as well as support from here, I hope you feel better soon. Take care.

ODIECOM Well-Known Member

i have a friend of mine that due to alot of humiation during childhood, he couldnt even think of being able to communicate with others. at a restraunt, he would never look at the waitress. when he walked anywhere he always looked down. he did so because he always looked down upon himself.
    it wasnt until he quit drinking and we had several long converstaions that he slowly opened up to the fact that he had nothing to fear. his biggest fear was what ppl thought about him. the guy has talent in many things. he just didnt know how to relate to ppl.
    7 years later he has several friends a couple of girl friends that have come and gone .. and he didnt even have to get drunk because those relationships didnt work out.
    the bottom line is, he learned to be himself. sometimes we have to raise the bar on our outlook at things. we set the bar so low that we never experiance anything else.
    i have learned that if we are ourselves ... and we are not trying to be someone were not .. things work better.
    step out of the boat. i dont communicate well with women but, i found if you just be yourself and take things easy .. it will happen. it kinda did for me.
    the only thing you fear is yourself. we live with the lack of self confidence and self worth so long because we dont allow ourself to realise WE DO HAVE WORTH.
    i dont care what ppl may be thinking about me. iam me and thats all i need to know.
    get out and try it slowly. you dont have to jump into a relationship just because you are lonely. get to know who you are first. if you dont .. they arnt gunna know who you are either.
    hang in there
  10. Angst

Angst New Member

Yes,I think therapist will help, it is not cheap though. I do not work now because of being very busy in the institute.
    Thanks for wishes.

ODIECOM,your friend was just like me now.
    just a full coincidence.Sometimes people ask me why the hell I always stare at my feet. I am glad that he is OK now.
    thanks for the text and advices, really appreciate
  11. Rolo555

Rolo555 Well-Known Member

Trust me Angst, if my parents were not around, I would had been killed myself. I am in the same boat as you.
  12. poison

poison Well-Known Member

beautiful and sincere post, thank you very much for the small amount of hope and reassurance it offered. it's very hard to do but it is possible, and this post should be a reminder to everyone of that.
  13. Marxx

Marxx Member

Sometimes, I go to the dirt jump track where a lot of nice and very friendly people hang, and also do not speak with them... maybe I have a similar problem to comunicate with people... I close myself very hard not letting no one in...

Have you tried radical sports?...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.