Where to go now?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by sociallyrejected93, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. what do people do after a failed suicide attempt? I failed it on Saturday and after treatment for my physical health I'm left feeling confused, failed and have no idea how to move on. I don't think I will do what I did again but I can't seem to see a way forward.
    Do I move on or try again?
    • I was at my psych appointment today and I just feel there is no way forward
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Psychiatrist i hope would have supports in community for you to go to someone that you can reach out too when feeling so low
    If you have coverage a psychologist can help you move forward as well past the pain find a different way to deal with the depression you are feeling
    talking here helps in that you know you are not so alone with all the thoughts Keep reaching out ok to all the supports around you
  3. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

There is a way forward, sociallyrejected, I feel that you have taken the first step. I have been where you are, I am sorry that your life and circumstances brought you to this point! When I attempted, this SF did not exist, I am glad it does, now especially for you at this moment!
    We, I mean all of us I believe in this room have felt like you do right now! Take a little time in here, read some of the forums, try and get an idea of what this room is about, I think after hearing from some of the others in here you will feel a little better, maybe not the greatest but you will not feel alone, that is an important part of being here, I know from first hand experience,
    I don't know what has happened or what brought you here, right now it may not be relevant, when you are ready you can write down your feelings and listen to what some of the others in here have to say, please take a deep breath try to relax, Know that in here you are safe and with friends, with people that care about you and what you are feeling as well as ready and willing to help!

Please try to slow down your thoughts and feelings, take it slow for now! Be Kind and Gentle to yourself!
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

You go forward. Going backwards or not doing anything will hurt you. MOVE forward, you had a bad appointment: either tell the psych the appointment did not help OR see a new psych. It sometimes is had to move forward when you have little support but you have SF and we will be here to support all the way just like SF was here for me and now I am depression free. Carry on and keep moving forward, best of luck to you.
  5. I guess I just need to have patience, but it's tough ain't it. I am sorry to here you have also been in a similar situation True-Lee it's so confusing.
    I don't know how to reach out but I'm gonna try I don't know what all this means or how my life will end up in the near future but it's good to know I have non-judgmental support here.
    Thanks Petal I am so glad to hear your depression free now, I have been depression/anxiety free before but this fight just seems so hard just now. I feel my anxiety is fuelling everything just now and I don't know if I should give up or fight back. Anxiety controls me and I just want this black cloud to move.
  6. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

Social, Hi Again, I went to your profile, I thought maybe you would come back by now, No! I am not rushing you, I just was checking back with you, you had some probs at the beginning of the month so I figured I would stop in an say hi! I am guessing that you are not doing much better, I am sorry I can imagine how hard it is for you being your age an feeling inside like you do. I am still around so I want to say that you deserve better then you have now, I am sorry that you are missing out.
  7. Hi True-Lee sometimes I shut myself away from everything and I don't even have the courage to come on here. I've not been doing too well and thought it was over but it didn't work out that way. I'm just trying to figure out what I want. My counsellor tells me I have to try and keep safe I guess I agree slightly.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.