Where to Write THis

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by powder_girl, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. powder_girl

powder_girl Active Member

Should this go in the HEAL thread? Or the Eating Disorder thread? Or the "everything in a big pile here" thread?

When I read somewhere about depression being linked to health issues and changes in the body I remembered about my own health issues.

Right now, it's been a year and a half that I've had sinus/nasal problems (my adnoids are inflamed all the time so I have a hard time breathing and my tonsils are susceptible to constant bacterial build up because I can't fight the bacteria which leads to my teeth which I don't have dental insurance to cover- not yet anyhow- but may lead to gingivitis which from pictures I've seen I'm beginning to get the mildest little pinkness around the roots of my teeth).

When I was 14 I got my period, then I had it regularly for about 6 months but after that I stopped having my period for 3-4 months at a time. Then I would have spotting or just (gross info here, SORRY but it's truth) decayed blood and placenta-like material...yes I felt horrible, I felt dirty, I felt betrayed by what was supposed to be natural and beautiful but painful, and disruptive, and dirty.

My family said that I was fat (rolls eyes now when she thinks back on that), and that because of my weight I wasn't having my period. They took me to a doctor and told her that. She took me into her room and told my family to stay out, then she asked me if I was happy with my grandmother (who raised me and my brother) and I said yes, of course, I love her but...

i hate her and everything

I actually repeated what my family thought to her and asked her if I could lose weight somehow because of my period being so bad and she said that it could be fat or it could be something else. But I never saw a therapist, I was never taken to a counselor. I dont know if she told my family to take me to one...I think she didn't want to interfere or she thought I was just too young to really need it...I don't know, but I wasn't too young mentally and I was able to comprehend that my existence had become miserable and my thoughts were sad and that it was rooted in my family and my environment.

But...just to let you myself aknowledge the fact that I still have periods that come after 4 months or sometimes two weeks apart, it just bothers me that a doctor or so many doctors are just so much walking pHds and nothing more.

I would rather take my kids (if I ever want kids) to a homeopathic practitioner...at least they would ask them about the REAL problems, and not some totally wrong idea.

._.

2. jcat

jcat Staff Alumni

my cousin had the same type of problems, and she went to the doctor and has to take hormone pills so she can be (so-called) normal.
    take care

3. Perishable

Perishable Well-Known Member

Generally... Doctors only know the specifics of things.
    Its sucks how you have to go through so many elebrate proceedures that are totally unrelated to your problem...(Which by the way, you dont know that until the end of the procedures)
    When they tell you "Well, theres nothing wrong with you there...How 'bout here? " *poke-poke*

Haha...

Eventually they do find what is wrong though. Eventaully...
    What a word.

Did they with you? :wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.