Where was Obama born? Seriously.

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Prinnctopher's Belt, Apr 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

We've seen a supposedly legitimate birth certificate from Hawaii, among lots of speculation, but now there is video of him saying his homeland is Kenya, and Michelle saying his homeland is Kenya, and he said that he's not a citizen and was born in Kenya and that he wasn't born in Hawaii. So what the hell? I don't care either way, but why lie about it? A number of presidents weren't born in the US. Why go all this way to lie about it?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2011
  2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Videos on the internet are always legitimate, especially when they only show up in right-wing nutjob publications. Reuters, for example, wouldn't report it because they're in on the conspiracy.

Here's a video showing how FRIGGIN' AWESOME a breakdancer Obama is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzyT9-9lUyE Video doesn't lie.
  3. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

I dont see what the problem is. For all i care he could have been born in charlies chocolate factory. As long as he strives to do good what does his birthplace have to do with anything?
  4. Prof.Bruttenholm

Prof.Bruttenholm Well-Known Member

This seems like the same stuff as always, people bicker about their political views and then nothing is ever truly reached.
  5. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

that video is totally lame. did you listen to how it's spliced together? you can totally make him say anything with editing software. people who are worried about this are morons. that's my two cents.
  6. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

The gentleman pushing this question the most right now, Donald Trump, is probably not qualified for the United States presidency himself because his mother was a Scottish subject when she gave birth to him. That would disqualify him, that and his bizarre hairstyle. :rolleyes:
  7. hornbeam

hornbeam Well-Known Member

Seriously that first link is cut all over the place - its a Joke...

I think Obama is great - Ive seen several presidents of the USA in my time and I think Obama is in the right place at the right time. :moonwalk:
  8. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Oh, that was so funny to watch.
  9. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Politics is like the WWE. It can be hard to tell what is real and what is acting.
  10. hornbeam

I must admit I had to google a lot of information to find what I needed to know- so thanks for the link..........

and yes the breakdancing link was funny
  11. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

He was born in the US. There is ample evidence to prove it. A lot of people don't want to believe it because they can't accept that the man they didn't want to win became president, so they want to manifest some reality that delegitimizes him and validates their visceral disapproval (this was the same man that was already being compared to dictators before he even won the election).

Plus, it's a reflection of many Americans ignorance to our own citizenship laws - being born to a "British subject," as his father was, doesn't make you a non-American so long as you were born on American soil. It's in the same constitution that a lot of these right-wing conspiracy theorists revere and practically deify. Furthermore, given his "exotic" roots, it's only natural that our largely xenophobic and ethnocentric society would feel queasy about him being President, and assume something nefarious or "un-American" about him.

The overwhelming majority of our Presidents were born to established political lineages with a long history in this country. Along comes a president born to an immigrant in a peripheral part of the US, raised outside of the country, and bearing a foreign middle-name, and people can't wrap their heads around it. His victory proved that there's been some progress made in our maturity as voters, but all this nonsense being propagated reminds us that we still have a long way to go.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2011
  12. Julia-C

Julia-C Well-Known Member

I'm no Obama fan. I can't wait till he is out of office. That being said, even if he was born in Kenya, which might be true. It doesn't matter. Heres the law.

Obama was born August 4, 1961. His mom Ann Dunham Soetoro (born Nov. 29, 1942. Which would make her 18 years and 8 months old at the time of President Obama's birth.

So the real question isn't if Obama was born in Kenya, it's really how many years did his mom live in the U.S. after her 14th birthday. According to the above law, she had to have lived in the U.S. for 4 years after her 14 birthday prior to his birth. So it really comes down to not where he was born but when she moved outside of the U.S. I can't say for sure, there are conflicting stories on this. However, I think it is pretty safe to say the Secret Service done an investigation. Being we have not heard from them, I think the birther issue must be a farce. I can see where the questions originated though.
  13. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Julia-C, it's not a question of citizenship. US presidents must be born in the US, regardless of citizenship.

Trolling aside, the question was settled at the time of the election: either no one was willing to waste the money on a court case because they knew they'd lose, or the courts threw out the challenge at initial findings because a birth certificate is legal proof without question. A Flash video does not change that. A sworn statement does not change that. Memories change - and no one remembers their birth. Official documents are pretty permanent.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2011
  14. hornbeam

President Obama was born in Hawai - his mother in Kansas. His father from Kenya - therefore he has every right to be President.
  15. Zurkhardo

Indeed, but when one viscerally distrusts every institution - particularly political and intellectual ones - that don't share or validate your point of view, there's no amount of proof that will matter. It's all part of the conspiracy.
  16. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

Agrees with dazzle. its a very dodgey video. you cant even see the lips properly when hes speaking, nor his wifes.
    It sounds spliced to hell aswel
  17. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Who really cares. Now the Tea Party is saying he was born of a jackal.
  18. Xaos

Xaos Well-Known Member

In Bethlehem...

Ooooh yeah! :yay:
  19. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Whenever the certificate of live birth is shown people just say oh anyone could have faked that. Well if anyone could have faked it... there is no evidence that could convince you then. I think there is a picture even on the whitehouse.gov page.
  20. Zurkhardo

Exactly. That's the crux of the problem. These people aren't looking for truth, they simply want to believe he's wrong and evil so that they can feel validated in their opposition. They want to wish away his winning of the presidency by constructing this notion that it was illegitimate in the first place.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.