Where's Your Depressed Spot?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Mibani, Mar 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mibani

Mibani Member

Sobbed to myself for at least a few hours. On the kitchen floor as I usually do.

I really don't wanna talk about why I'm upset, but less, where's your "spot"? Where do you go to cry in comfort? Or where do you go to relax when no one understands you? I'd love to hear it.

Mine's on my kitchen floor, it's cold and close to the fridge, as I eat when I get upset.
  2. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

no spot where i can just go to

tend to either cry alone in the car - hopefully when i'm parked - or in the shower where no one can hear me
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Probably my room, because no one will bother me there, and I can cry and all that in peace.
  4. Androgyny

Androgyny Well-Known Member

I don't feel like I have one at this point... I feel very compressed and crowded out by the way my life is right now. Maybe not having a spot right now is a big part of the problem that I overlooked. :/
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Definitely my bed lol! If I am upset, one or two hours laying down and trying to forget the outside world makes all the difference.
  6. Much afraid

Much afraid Well-Known Member

No spots for either really...cry in my car I guess - don't have a place to just relax. When weather is good, go to a park to be alone and reflect on things. I like to see the animals and hear the birds.
  7. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

I usually go upstairs into my room or lock my self in the bathroom or downstairs toilet somewhere I can be in peace for a while.
  8. Mibani

Mibani Member

You guys have given me some ideas...
  9. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

Put my headphones in lay on the floor and just stare out the window so I can see the sky (mostly clouds) then I just lose myself in that moment of despair. I've woken up so many times in that spot normally use a pillow
  10. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

My bed. Just lay there and look out the window at the tree tops (that's all I can see). Sometimes they move in the wind; most times they are still. I want to roll myself up tight in a cocoon and forget the world.
  11. undercoverlover

undercoverlover Well-Known Member

in front of the computer or in my bed, usually. i hate when i cry in front of the computer because my family can see it but its usually not a big deal.
  12. Ladybugaboo

Ladybugaboo Well-Known Member

Everywhere, anywhere - whether I'm surrounded by people at an airport or wandering around alone in the forest.
  13. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

mine is probably my bedroom.

while i live here really, it just brings it all home to me.. everything that i'm missing out on
  14. mynameisbrian

mynameisbrian Active Member

I lay in bed and stare into space.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.