Whew that was a close one

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Heidia37, Nov 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heidia37

Heidia37 Member

The therapist wanted to send me to the hospital but she couldn't make me go as I am not a immediate threat to myself or others. And I don't want to go so I told her no. She said ok so I will need to see you more then. I guess I wasn't expecting that one. So we went from seeing her every 2 weeks to twice a week till I get through this. I guess so if she sees a decline off to the hospital she can send me.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there, try not to be so stressed, they are just there to help you. Seeing her twice a week will be very good for you I saw mine twice a week-it worked very well. Just keep it going smoothly and IF you do feel suicidal, you MUST tell her because that way the hospital would be the best place for you. Take her advice and do as she says, she and everyone only wants to help. Big hugs :hug: We're always here for you too.

3. Arseface

Arseface New Member

It sounds like you have the presence of mind to not get hospitalized if you don't want to be. Sucks that you'll probably need to tone down your responsiveness to the therapy in order to stay out though.
    I'd probably switch therapists after this blows over if I were you, but again it sounds like you're "there" enough to make the best decision for your situation.

Hang in there.

4. K8E

K8E Well-Known Member

My therapist and psychiatrist now accept that hospitalisation does not help me; although I realise that if I was stopped during an attempt that is what they would do. I've also told them that being in hospital makes me less safe as I find it more stressful.
    Anyway seeing them twice a week should help. I see mine weekly and have telephone contact.
    Take care of yourself.

5. shadowonthewall

shadowonthewall Well-Known Member

This kind of presents a dilemma. Either you withhold your true feelings to some degree, or you get yourself incarcerated just because you have committed the crime of being unhappy. Trying to help someone overcome difficulties should involve such threats and coercion. That is surely counterproductive to the goal of therapy.

6. Heidia37

Heidia37 Member

Well I would switch therapists if I could but because I get treated at the VA I don't have that option. I just won't tell her certain things anymore.

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hey again, you must tell her how you are really feeling she cannot treat you otherwise. Ok try this... ask can you sign a waiver saying that you will not do any harm to yourself but instead just express the thoughts you are having. That is one option. The other option is just being honest and as scary as being hospitalized may be, it is basically there to keep you from harming yourself. Do not attempt to take your life.Please :( Third option lying to her and by doing that you will be making yourself further unwell, fooling her is not going to help you in any way

I hope you do the right thing :hug: best of luck to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.