Which is better ?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by zebedee72, Feb 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zebedee72

zebedee72 Member

False hope or no hope ?

Is there really any difference ? Am I just kidding myself either way ? I wish I knew.

2. sweetles

sweetles Well-Known Member

Definitely no hope is better. Hope is a true torturer and sadist.

3. deb22

deb22 Well-Known Member

Hope is hope. I don't think there is much difference between "false" and "no" as they are both negative. Hope by itself implies a possibility of a positive outcome. So any hope is better than none. I think we all want to find or have hope but sometimes it is a bugger to acquire.

4. W Miller

W Miller Well-Known Member

Any hopes I had were squashed ages ago. For many years I was relying on "false hopes", and, of course, they lead me to where I am (currently)

That being said, one would "hope" things will improve even in some small way(s).

I (truly) do "wish" you will find peace within yourself.

5. Jabez

Jabez Well-Known Member

I agree with Sweetie - hope is a torturer! I used to think I was a pessimist. Then I realised that half my problems come for being an optimist! No matter how bad things get and how often I'm proved wrong, I continue to hope that one day i will get better, that things will get easier. I've come to dread feeling hopeful and positive, because it hurts so much more when I get down again. Better to accept that this is my life and I have no choice but to battle on. It is always going to be hellishly hard. But better to accept that and just slog it out than to constantly hope it will get easier and then be disappointed and disillusioned when it doesn't.

6. when

when Member

I agree with deb. Hope is hope; it's just a driving force. What it all boils down to is progress and I believe that progress can be achieved with or without, even if it is false.

7. Surenidy

Surenidy Member

Someone once told me hope is for the weak. This statement has proven to be true for me. I have my own sadness, we all do. I wouldn't wish depression on my worst enemy. Try to live for something other than hope.
    For a long time I tried to live for simple things; like my son, my dogs and maybe that one person who can help to complete you.
    For me though I've burnt all my bridges because I need complete attention and constant proof from those who claim to love me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.