Which method of self-relief is better in your opinion? *May Trigger*

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Forlornspirit, Sep 10, 2007.

?

Which Method works best for you?

1. Cutting

47 vote(s)
    30.9%
  2. Drinking

25 vote(s)
    16.4%
  3. Smoking

18 vote(s)
    11.8%
  4. Anger

6 vote(s)
    3.9%
  5. Other

39 vote(s)
    25.7%
  6. Crying

17 vote(s)
    11.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forlornspirit

Forlornspirit Well-Known Member

(I'm incredibly sorry if this goes against SF Rules of posting. Please feel free to delete the thread if need be.) =/

4 methods:

1. Cutting - Mutilating, or otherwise rendering one's skin.

2. Drinking - Excessive use of alcohol (whether hard liquor OR Beer) to calm one's mind.

3. Smoking - Smoking normal ciggarettes (NOT Drugs). To calm one's thought process.

4. Anger - Could be classified with cutting... Behavior comes down to punching objects (walls, ect.), yelling uncontrolably, and/or tensing one's self up.

5. Other - Or maybe you have a method of relieving yourself that has not been named in this thread. Please, feel free to.

2. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

Re: Which method of self-relief is better in your opinion?

Smoking helps alot for me, ive tried all the other methods and theyve just made my state of mind a whole lot worse. Smoking is and has been used by every culture for thousands of years, it helps achieve a brief moment of clarity and peace to allow yourself to truly think about what needs done to conquer the problem your having. Its also better because you are still thinking straight and it doesnt do any serious damage if used responsibly. And before anyone starts all that smoking is bad for your crap, everything is bad for you in one way or another, everything, however little, affects your health in some way. Its just fashionable to not smoke at the moment, i wouldnt be suprised if it becomes popular again in ten years time.

3. Forlornspirit

I think I picked drinking =/

4. Re: Which method of self-relief is better in your opinion?

drinking, cutting and anger.

5. rojomi

rojomi Banned Member

Voted drinking,smoking and other. The others are my dog, movies, reading,
    going for a drive on a day like today (cool, sunny) with all the windows & sunroof open to a thrift store where i found a piece of furniture, a numbered art print, some gym clothes then going to a coffee place down the street for some food & a cuppa Guatemala(sp?) blend. almost as good as pot!
    basically trying to fake it to make myself believe i have a life-gave up trying to convince anyone else. if i stay busy w/ the bullshit, i find i have less & less time to sit here or anywhere else & bitch, whine & moan.

6. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Drinking helps me up until a certain point, then it just makes me worse.
    Cutting might feel like it helps, but it doesn't it just makes everything worse.
    Crying also helps.

7. Cutting, even though I'm not allowed to do it anymore. :sad:

8. Forlornspirit

You know, I never even thought of putting a "Sadness- Crying" choice in there =/

Thank you :)

9. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Have put 'Crying' in as an option in the poll for you :)

10. Forlornspirit

Many thanks! :D

11. jolie

jolie Member

None of those.

I'd rather go sit in this room that exists in my head. It's quite fun.

:blink:

12. Puddytat

Puddytat Well-Known Member

i smoke but i do that anyway, if im really on edge then i cant get enough of them. Have you thought about sleeping... i do that the most i guess, when i really dont want to face anything, just crawl up in bed and hide away. Oh and the head thing, rather imagine a better life to the one i have, brings a sense of serenity and joy. momentarily.

13. Blackness

Blackness Guest

crying is probably 'best' as in safest.

But my favs are cutting and getting angry and hitting shit.

sorry i read wrong.

but yeh what i said last...

14. Forlornspirit

I just noticed something, two of the safest (to ourselves) ways haven't been voted for.

Anger - Punching something / Screaming (OR sometimes beating someone up, or in extreme cases homocide =/ )

Crying - Well, I don't have to say another word..

Do they not work as well is what I'm wondering. Smoking, Drinking, Cutting, these could end our life, but why would you choose them over something safer?

Only wondering. (Again, I voted for drinking, so I don't have too much room to speak.)

15. j86

j86 Well-Known Member

Cutting, because I won't have a hangover over a bad cough the next day.

Yeah, I can't hold alcohol and I hate the feeling when I was drunk in the past.
    As for smoking, it's something i'm trying to not let happen again. I didn't mind it in the past but I respect the people around me.

16. TheGlamorous

TheGlamorous Active Member

I masturbate

17. Amanda

Amanda Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. :biggrin:

18. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

Booze mostly. Anger just makes it all worse.

19. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Self harm and crying, mainly. But I am going to vote for crying because I am trying to stop self harming.

20. Amanda

Amanda Well-Known Member

I voted for crying, but I may just start cutting, now that everyone is watching me and I cant starve myself anymorel. :unsure:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.