Which way to go?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by zola0203, Jul 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zola0203

zola0203 New Member

Hi, I'm new here. I've been struggling to cope with personal issues for 6 months or so. I've been cutting, and drinking (bad side). I've also been trying to work my way through things with exercise and my job.
    My wife moved my daughter away from me and I can't stand only seeing her twice a month (she now lives overseas). Now my wife wants to "take me for all I'm worth", which means I won't be able to afford to see my girl even half as much. That's the only thing, if I'm honest, that has kept me going.

In my profession I see a lot of "cries for help" attempts, I don't want to end up like that. I'm 90% sure my best contribution to this world is to leave, and bequeath everything I own to my daughter for when she comes of age to stop her mother wasting it all.

<Mod Edit, WildCherry: Methods>

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Nothing could hurt your daughter more, cause her more pain, than if you took your own life. I hope you'll reach out here for support and do your best to fight for your rights when it comes to spending time with her.

3. K8E

K8E Well-Known Member

No amount of money can ever make your death up to your daughter. A legacy of suicide and a few quid is no legacy at all. Your daughter needs her Daddy. Can you Skype her more often or even move to the same country if you are a professional? Please don't drink or self harm that just gives your ex more ammunition to stop you seeing your child. When you are tempted think about your daughter and what she would say or feel if she saw you. Children need their parents, even if they are the other side of the world. When she gets older maybe she can travel to see you and spend longer with you?
    Your daughter will inevitably think that she wasn't good enough if her Daddy killed himself. Every child of a suicide ends up asking themselves the same thing. Why did he abandon me? Wasn't I good enough? Or even was it my fault? Try and stay strong and get the help you need. Maybe a group like Families Need Fathers can help or at least support you?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2014
  4. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

I am sorry she did this to you. she must be really hurt and wants to revenge. tell her you are sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.