Whites-Only Basketball League

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Bob26003, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob26003

Bob26003 Well-Known Member

I feel a real dangerous nazi undercurrent coming out of the right in this country

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

A whites-only basketball league aims to launch in twelve cities this summer, according to a report in the Augusta Chronicle. The All-American Basketball Alliance would also ban players born outside the United States.

The league's commissioner, Don "Moose" Lewis, claims that he doesn't "hate anyone of color. But people of white, American-born citizens are in the minority now." Thus, he says, the All-American Basketball Alliance would be "a league for white players to play fundamental basketball, which they like."

The report includes additional shocking quotes from the commissioner:
    Lewis said he wants to emphasize fundamental basketball instead of "street-ball" played by "people of color." ...

"Would you want to go to the game and worry about a player flipping you off or attacking you in the stands or grabbing their crotch?" he said. "That's the culture today, and in a free country we should have the right to move ourselves in a better direction."

Click here to see the rest of the article, which also sheds light on which cities the AABA may be targeting.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/20/whites-only-basketball-le_n_429281.html

2. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

I have two opinions about this.

1. I don't think this has anything to do with "Nazism" or racism. I think it has to do with opportunity. The NBA has an overwhelming majority of black players and White players are not getting a chance to play or compete. There has to be people out there that want to see every nationality playing ball, but spotting a White player in a typical NBA match these days is difficult at best. Therefore I think having an extra option like a White only basketball league kinda fair.

2. It's embarrassing as hell! If White players can't get into regular NBA teams they should up their games. Creating a Whites only basketball league only tells people "we're not good enough to play with black players so we'll play on our own." No neutral is going to want to watch the White league because it's going to be second rate, full of players that couldn't make the NBA.

If I were black I'd be laughing my ass off at the idea, but I don't think it's racist at all.

EDIT: I like Basketball. Go Boston Celts! :)

3. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I don't really see anything nazi about it.

It's kinda a stupid idea... but it honestly seems to me like a lot of this is about the fact that it's a white only league. I doubt we'd here about it if it were asian only or whatever.

But whatever, it's a retarded idea but I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to do it. If people find it offensive they won't join.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2010
  4. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

LOL! Everything this <Mod Edit, WildCherry> says is true, except that whites are a minority in a country which they rule, LOL! I don't know if he meant minority in athletics or in the country, but either way he's still wrong on that.

Let the whites have their own league, no one cares. Hell, they already have a monopoly on the world anyway. I always laugh when white people bitch about being victims of some perceived overwhelming majority of "colored people." LMAO!

Go live on the Moon or something.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2010
  5. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

Tell me about it.... Some colored people never understand that whites are people. They always want apologies and money to get their messed lifes by whites to fixed.

Maybe they some day can see people who born today have not done crimes at yesterday but I do not personally believe it. Over all I am white nazi massmurder myself, colored people told me that.
    :stars:

So I say yes for teams by colors and lifes by color. Just same kind of people to live each of one land and no fighting.

6. the fleet asleep

the fleet asleep Well-Known Member

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Its an undeniable scientific fact that diversity makes things stronger, and this is apparent through nearly all applicable situations. Titanium alloys are stronger than titanium, carbon fiber is nothing without composite resins, top sled dogs are mixed breeds, the best meals contain more than one food, etc etc etc etc etc. This is most prevalent in human beings, as we all descended from common ancestors, and we're all far stronger a species now than we were then.

Genetic diversity is the single most important factor in the survival of all complex life. Whether or not your social outlook contradicts this doesnt matter, if you work against genetic diversity then you jeopardize the future of your species. Period.

As far as an all white baseball league, well people who are too simple to possess the ability to consciously overcome the base animal weariness of everything that doesnt look like you need to do something with their time.

I mean, seriously, take a look at white supremacists in the American south, and tell me with a straight face that thats the genetically perfect human being. Itd be ridiculously comical if it wasnt so tragically stupid and more than a little dangerous.

7. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

Oh do not yell to me about this... I love colors, I real do... Go look at hot celebrities thread... I can tell who is perfect by color and look :D I can take one in the moment :biggrin:

But it is not about color. It is about history, it is about religion, it is about culture etc...

And no, I do not want islam and their lifestyle, they have got their own country where they can stone and whip and kill each other. I DO NOT WANT IT HERE.

And I am from northern countries and I am out from most of things what happend to USA. I happend to have traumas caused by colored people and all colored people just think I deserve it because I am white. So just do not yell to me.

8. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Yes, because a few people = the entire population.

9. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

When they happend to be for example at same team where they can really hurt each other one is enough to hurt someone no matter what is it from color.

When kids fight, it is best for them to be different rooms for a while.

10. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/2010/01/19/nba_563760.shtml

The full article incase you're curious.

That's a horrible idea.
    What?? That's taking a step backwards. If you hit a brick wall, maybe you're approaching it wrong. It doesn't mean revert to old methods.

A better direction away from the horrible socially abusive culture of the black communitiy that is breeding across america?

.. yeah. I'd never assosciate my views with this person even if he was on par with one bit, which he isn't. Thought this was illegal? Isn't it restricting people because of their race and colour, again? Thought there were laws to prevent that.

11. Robin

Robin Guest

Are they gonna have step ladders by the hoops :) :bleh:

12. the fleet asleep

the fleet asleep Well-Known Member

What they fail to mention is that this league will be 10 on 10, as opposed to 5 on 5, with one man sitting on anothers shoulders. I expect the shoulder rashes to be quite gruesome.

@Sammakko- Youre assuming that areas with like type people are less violent than the diverse ones. Things such as race and religion are too broad for this effect to take place, as people within these subsets of society are far to diverse within themselves. The middle east is prime proof of this, as is just about every other modern society on the planet.

In the case of white supremacists, they are only peaceful around one another because they share a common perceived enemy. If you took this enemy away, there would be as much infighting in this sub sect of society as any other. Because this is a group of people who base their outlook on hostility, this hostility does not disappear when the perceived threat does, the threat itself is just replaced with another.

Not that any of this matters. Its basic psychological principle that isolation breeds contempt, and contempt breeds violence. Segregation itself is hostile by nature, there cannot be peace where there is hostility, and eventually the simple act of segregation would cause war where there would not be any otherwise. Segregation, isolationism, and supremecism have been the cause of more wars than anything else. Food for thought.

On a side note, an all white basketball league would be the only thing I can imagine would be more boring than the WNBA. Sorry ladies, the WNBA is awful, someone lower the damn hoop so Diana Taurasi can dunk.

13. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

Do not assume what I assume and why. I know things what you do not know how things are here and I know nothing about how things are there. And do not start fight with me about "assume" because mods close this thread too under lightly second and I would like to keep it open.

14. johnnysays

johnnysays Well-Known Member

Anybody who hasn't noticed how the NBA has become african-american dominated, isn't paying attention.

It's odd how he relates "crotch-grabbing" to race. This does have the general likeness of being racist, or perhaps it's just too self-absorbed. A more appropriate path to reducing improper behavior is not to create a white-only leauge, but instead to adopt new policies in the NBA that enforce large fines for transgressions of this nature.

I love watching NBA games. I watched LAL last year and had more fun than I've had since the chicago bulls in 1994-1996. Would I watch an all white basketball game? Probably, but it would feel weird. I'm not sure how something like this will gain traction. People will not like having something like this smashed into their faces. It's fact that african-americans have physical advantages from a genetic standpoint. In this kind of climate, it's excessively hard for a white person to compete. That's why they're the minority in the NBA. This is not the kind of issue you want to gain wide spread acceptance. It could spur renewed racism, for example.

Instead, they should enforce affirmative action for the NBA to get more white players playing. This would give it the appearance of being more equal and would give people who aren't playing now the opportunity to be in that role. It avoids potential pitfalls.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2010
  15. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Erhm.. that in itself is wrong. Letting more of a perticular "race" play because there are less of them in that organization is just as insulting.

Forgive me for being blunt but it's based on skill level, not colour. Please prove me wrong though, and show me some examples of colour preference over skill. Can anyone show me an example of a "white" player not being accepted into the NBA but a lesser skilled "black" person being accepted? I think that really is the core of this stupid persons argument, and he hasn't produced that yet.

16. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

It's seems to be okay for colleges to do it. *shrug*

17. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Calling the current game "street-ball" and wanting to get back to "fundamental basketball which THEY like" is racist IMO and there haven't been that many "crotch grabbing", "flipping off" incidents that I've seen, and I watch a fair amount of pro basketball.

I think there is more of a cultural change toward a more violent society as a whole. In the 80's the Lakers had an all black team, aside from one or two players...these included Jabar, Worthy, Magic Johnson, Michael Cooper, Byron Scott among others and there was no crotch-grabbing or gun-toting during those years. The whole culture has changed.

And of course as soon as I heard about it I thought, this could only be happening in the south, and of course that was correct.

I just wonder if "white sheets" will be mandatory for admission!

18. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Which part? Let white people join to equal the ratio or not let better white players join?

19. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Let minorities in that might not be as qualified as others just to even it out.

Racist towards minorities because it basically says they are inferior and need a boost to compete and racist towards whites because they're discriminated against for color. Lose-lose situation.

I don't see how making the NBA require letting less qualified players in just because they are white any different.

Of course, that would be completely RIDICULOUS, but when compared with the way we do other things it seems not so far fetched.

Sort of off topic, but whatever.

20. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Really? Im a bit surpised that the minorities agree with its philosphy of segregation from equality. Really all a "minority" is in these cases is just another person with a certain level of skill. Pass or fail it shouldn't matter on the colour of their skin or where they are from. Another retarded move

*edit* see this type of logic doesn't help. All they're doing is alienating those who go through this process and creating rifts. Hell it could even potentially fuel racism for those who are not a minority and didn't make it, or those who have worked very hard to get in and suceeded.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.