Whitney Houston dies at 48

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Mordeci, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

Know she was an addict so not too surprised (they didnt say a cause of death but I am asuming 48 no foul play), but one of my fondest memories is watching The Bodyguard. RIP

2. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

I would not be surprised if it were an overdose of some kind.

3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Sad day. Despite her issues, she was a talented musician. Acting wasn't so bad either. RIP Whitney

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2012
  4. Fredericks

Fredericks Well-Known Member

She was an amazing artist, whatever her personal demons. She deserved better.

5. hornbeam

hornbeam Well-Known Member

How terribly sad - I have just heard this on the news. Rip Whitneyxx

6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Who knows? Maybe she and Michael are teaming up for some amazing duets.

7. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

It does bring to mind a Michael Jackson song, Gone Too Soon...saw her in concert in the mid-90s, and I remember the concert like it was yesterday...the magnificant voice, and 'her dancing', if one could call it that (which she openly admitted to)...so many performers come to mind with her passing...each of us has our favorite song; mine continues to be, One Moment In Time...the title of the album intended to be her most recent 'come back'...RIP Whitney Houston.

8. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I think Gone too Soon is about my favorite MJ song. Not what he typically sang. One Moment in Time and Greatest Love of All would be my Whitney choices. So much meaning and insight. Being in the public eye like these performers are is so difficult we seem to lose them before their time.

9. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

"All At Once" and "One Moment in Time" are my all-time favorites. What an absolute talent of the rarest kind.....RIP Whitney

10. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

'How Will I Know' the song that broke her into the big time is my Favourite by her...RIP baby.

11. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I remember hearing "I Will Always Love You" as a little girl, and that's when I became interested in songwriting and singing. Sad that one of my inspirations died before I got a chance to meet them.

12. Tmacster1

Tmacster1 Well-Known Member

It's definitely a tragedy in the music world just like Michael Jackson's death. I believe I heard it was a drug overdose by pills not quite sure though. Seems like a lot of good singers and actors are dying now a days. However, it's a tragedy that she died so young and she had a good singing voice. I guess the question is why it happened, and I don't have the answers. I personally believe it was an accident because she didn't appear to have intentions of killing herself. Than again we don't know how she was thinking...

Trevor,

13. HawthornePassage

HawthornePassage Well-Known Member

It's not really a tragedy because the whole music industry is a joke. It's not about art, its about money.

Brian,

14. Arthur

Arthur Account Closed

R.I.P. Withney