who am I?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by FoReVeR LoSt, Apr 11, 2008.

1. FoReVeR LoSt

FoReVeR LoSt Well-Known Member

Well, i guess it's safe to say that i don't know who i am anymore...

Lately, I haven't been hanging out with my friends as much(and i mean i use to go over to their house everyday) and haven't been keeping in touch with Family...I feel secluded and it's starting to bug me...I think it's because i'm hiding the fact that i have a gf and she's been staying with me for a bit and my attention has been focused on her...but it's getting ridonculous (and ya i know i spelt it wrong) I barely ever come here anymore cause i don't want her to know about me yet...so blah blah blah...i feel so bad for ranting on here cause i know that it's useless for me...there are so many things in my head that need to come out right now, but they won't...:unsure: I just have to keep on keeping on I guess...
  2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Why are you hiding from your family? Don't isolate yourself. You have never liked being completely alone like that. You have been through many things sammi and come through them all. Who you are is a survivor, and a beautiful young woman. Don't ever lose sight of that. :hug:
  3. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

I'm sorry that things are rough right now. Please try to not isolate yourself. It will only make things worse, especially since you have plainly stated you don't like it. If you ever want to talk, I'm here for you. Sometimes it can help to just rant. I hope you are able to get all those things out soon. :hug:
  4. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

:hug: Samy :hug:

When in a fairly new relationship with someone, people tend to 'hide' for their other half that they've been/are depressed, and I can fully understand that as there's a fear of being left/not accepted. But if someone really loves you, they'll accept you as the person you are. I think you should tell your girlfriend about it. Not necessarily about SF, but perhaps about how you've felt in the past, how you feel now. Let her in, if she loves you she'd want nothing more but to know everything about you, ALSO the less bright and happy sides. I think it'll only make your bond stronger, to be honest. :hug:

Can I ask why you're hiding the fact that you've got a girlfriend, for your friends and family? You know that your family will accept it, after all they (at least your mother) didn't make a fuss at all when you had a girlfriend in the past :wink:
    I think (but that's just my opinion, everyone's different in that aspect), that one should always keep making time for friends, even when in a relationship. Spending time with nobody but your girlfriend, could do damage to your friendships in the long run, as friends might start feeling neglected at some point.

Do you know why you've been spending less and less time with your family and friends? Perhaps you could start going to see them again like once a week, so you at least see them every now and then?

First thing I'd do if I were you though, is talk to your girlfriend. You are a wonderful person, Samy, even with your less happy and bright sides. In fact I think that makes you even more of an interesting and intriguing person than you'd be if you were all happy and sunshiny all over, if you know what I mean.
    I'm sure she loves you and she will accept you and love you for who you are. Don't hide yourself, that'd be a shame.