Who are they kidding?!

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Wastingecho, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

my company rolled out an online "open" forum for employees to discuss whatever they want to - the notice includes this statement:

"This site will not be managed by experts or overseen by a commentator. We want you to share your thoughts with each other in an open setting."

decided to take a look, just to see

what i noticed first is that my name and phone extension would appear on anything i post - anyone who thinks that they can be completely open on this site deserves what they get

maybe i'm being more paranoid than usual but my trust has been violated by this company once too often to see this as an innocent attempt let people share ideas
  2. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Perhaps they are hoping for the sharing of productive ideas, in which case there is no reason for being anonymous?
  3. Wastingecho

they already have a lot of other methods/venues for project collaboration in place

don't trust this place to not police this thing then take action under the table after someone has said something that conflicts with company policy - would be consistent with their company-first philosophy
  4. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Could be, and my response was just brainstorming - you could be correct. Remember too that they already have the legal ability to watch everyone - i.e., if you're chatting, posting, email, surfing at all online at work, they legally can monitor and view everything... if they so wanted.
  5. Wastingecho

that's a given though most people may not realize it