Who are you voting for?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Earn, Oct 22, 2008.

Who will you vote for?

1. McCain / Palin

5 vote(s)
  2. Obama / Biden

25 vote(s)
  3. Other Party

4 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earn

Earn Well-Known Member

Yes you have to vote for someone.If your not in the states who would you vote for?

• McCain / Palin
    • Obama / Biden
    • Other Party
  2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

3. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

Ralph Nader.
  4. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

I wouldnt vote for either. Dont want blood on my hands.
  5. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

Thaddaus Hill
  6. lifeisashedog

lifeisashedog Well-Known Member

The voices are telling me to vote for McCain. :sad: Is that normal??? Should I take some medicine?

Just kidding. I'm not US citizen.

7. "... a light will shine through that window, a beam of light will come down upon you, you will experience an epiphany ... and you will suddenly realize that you must go to the polls and vote for Obama" - Barack Obama Lebanon, New Hampshire.
    January 7, 2008.

I am going to vote for Obama. No more McCain, because McCain is more of the same Bush crap. Palin is a skank whore who ought to be sewn shut, before she spawns another tramp into the world. She has no right to keep any woman from having the choice to abort and she has no right to shoot defenseless, innocent animals from helicopters. May she fall from a helicopter and be attacked by a pack of vicious wolves seeking revenge, I hope that the Westboro Baptist Church pickets her funeral!

Obama/Biden 2008!!!
  8. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

what kinda medicine?

9. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

i totally respect your opinion, but that "study" seems like complete rubbish to me.

Id vote Obama if i was American, but its a shame that religion will still play such a large part in politics whoever wins.

Edit - i checked the website its from, its a conservative Nevada newsletter. political bias much?
  10. danni

danni Chat Buddy

I voted yesterday and I pick Obama .

11. Awesome, Danni! :hug:
  12. Light_In_The_Dark

Light_In_The_Dark Well-Known Member

If i voted Id pick Obama too. He is pretty cool.
  13. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Obama all the way!!!
  14. Earn

Earn Well-Known Member

15. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

16. Today, I will vote. Today, I will vote for change. No more of the same old Bush crap. No more of the moose and wolf killing Alaskan bimbo. Today, I will do what is right for America and for this world. Today, I will vote for Obama. Today, I will make history.

Obama/Biden 2008!!!
  17. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

Bob Barr, Libbertoonian.

I was thinking about voting for Chuck Baldwin since he's the only candidate I'm aware of that doesn't want to flood the country with a bajilllion more illegals, but his Jesus freakiness is just a bit too much.

'Course the state I live in (Massachusetts) is going to go for the racist and fascist Obama by some absurd margin, so I might as well stay home. Which I probably would except that the polling place is next door to my son's preschool.

Oh, well. At least I'll get some amusement from having a screechy, angry racist black woman as first lady for the next four or probably eight years. Ol' Michelle is gonna leave Hillary in the dust. Just wait.
  18. worlds edge

LMAO. You people and your absurd naivete make me chuckle. The neocons are all lining up behind Obama now, you do realize that? They've managed to destroy the Republican Party, and now they've latched on to Obama. Perhaps if we're lucky they can do to the Dems what they did to the Repubs.

Here's a prediction you can take to the bank: At the end of Obama's first term there will still be AT LEAST 50,000 US troops on the ground in Iraq. (Which presumes an Obama victory, of course, so I suppose that's two predictions rolled up into one.) Barring only the complete economic collapse of the US, in which case nobody will give a shit anyways.

Palin isn't really my cup of tea, either, but have actually read some of the lunacy Obama's been spouting? Government as Santa Claus, bestowing gifts on all and sundry. He's going to have a huge number of disappointed followers come March 2009 or so.

LMAO. Nope. It is going to be business as usual, possibly even with military confrontations of both Pakistan and Iran, assuming Obama means what he says in that area. Hell, are you aware how much money hedge fund managers have been sending Obama's way? You think they're doing this out of the kindness of their heart?
  19. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

If McCain wins the rich will get rich whilst the poor keep on getting poorer. If Obama wins the country will go bankrupt. If you refuse to vote for either of these idiots your shunned and seen as a traitor to your country.

God bless American dumbocracy :patriot:.
  20. worlds edge

Actually, if either wins the rich will get richer and the poor poorer, and if either wins a nice bout of Zimbabwean style inflation is a definite possibility.

Not really, since most Obama supporters despise McCain, and vice versa. They'd hate you just as much if you'd said you were voting for the other guy.

Though there's a view that a vote for Nader is a vote for McCain (since it steals from Obama) and that a vote for either Barr or Baldwin is a vote for Obama (since it steals from McCain), so liberals might hold a special place in their heart to hate Nader voters, and conservatives for Barr/Baldwin...but I don't see it. First, b/c so few vote third party. Early on some polls put Barr in Georgia at about 10%, meaning it might be enough to tilt the state Democrat, but I think that collapsed. Third party candidates might be good for about 4% of the total national vote, if that. Second, the third party candidates truly do have different, in some cases radicially different views. e.g. Barr supports drug legalization, does not oppose gay marriage, etc., Baldwin opposes the Iraq war, as much as he's a kooky theocrat otherwise. And Nader, well, Nader is all over the freakin' place. :tongue:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.