Who cuts anymore?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Toki Wartooth Lover, Jul 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toki Wartooth Lover

Toki Wartooth Lover Well-Known Member

Cutting is over rated.
    I don't cut anymore.
    I brand.

Branding mean that you burn yourself. With metal.

I rip the strings from my guitar, heat them, put them on me, then slam a book or something on the heated wired so it burns into my skin.

2. Soft Serve

Soft Serve Well-Known Member

Really? I just heated a lighter for a long time and pressed it into my skin. I've known people to do chemical burning and even some kind of chemical freezing. They were really hardcore into it though.

I want to get a professional and permanent brand of a clover on my chest someday. It's going to suck, but it'll be unique. I think that whole scene is called "Scarification"?

3. Toki Wartooth Lover

Toki Wartooth Lover Well-Known Member

Yeah... but, the thing is, my band members are always saying this; "Where the fuck are our guitar strings?" they look at me... xD

4. Soft Serve

Soft Serve Well-Known Member

"uhm...yeah...uhh...see my cat....ran out of yarn. So....I gave her guitar strings?"

5. iKarma

iKarma Well-Known Member

I don't think over-rated is the right word. I think that implys that people do it to be cool...

6. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I think this is a joke post because frankly it's fckin pitiful.

If you're gonna make jokes about self harm, go do it in the coffee shop.

7. grinded serenity

grinded serenity Well-Known Member

iKarma said it right, its not that much overrated as it is common. some people, dont know why though, would do it to be cool.

and i just use a lighter and heat it and press it to my skin. but i still cut.. just do both

8. Tray

Tray Well-Known Member

i dont think its overrated.. they make two totaly different marks and feel totaly different. burns are fast. so its just a shot of pain all at once. Cuts are slow and well ur body spends more time coping with the pain and yada yada.. ahhh.. its totally different.. its all about your preferance but i dont think this a topic for here either..

9. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

That was my first reaction,too.Even if someone does do this with guitar strings..its bordering on something completely different (emotionally) from self harm ..it is sick,but self harmers are not trying to be cute,cool or shock jocks..they usually HIDE the wounds and scars and feel shame....

10. triggs

triggs Account Closed

joke post or not - this is just advertising different ways to self harm and could give people ideas if they are vulnerable or triggered. it's not appropriate.

11. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

As a support forum, we do not wish to promote self harm in any way. I am closing this thread as it is not supportive of healing, but rather harming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.