Who else don't know what to talk about?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Darker Than Black, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Darker Than Black

Darker Than Black Well-Known Member

I have social anxeity issues man..

I don't know what to talk about and can't keep a conversation going...

I can't even make up conversations in the chat room..all I do is sign in and see what others are talking about...I'm really pissed off at myself..kinda frustrated and angry :mad:

anyone else?

2. kidB

kidB Active Member

I can sympathize. My SA is chronic though. Somedays I can talk for miles, other days I cower into a corner...

But fuck it, this is SF, say whatever you want. Whatever you want.

No ideas? Say what's in your heart.

And what you just said is a great start. How else are you feeling?

3. Alexpt2

Alexpt2 Well-Known Member

When I do that my posts get deleted :sad:

4. lost43215

lost43215 Well-Known Member

exactly same here. Took words right out of my mouth... (actually my blog too :eek:hmy:)

5. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Sometimes I don't know what to talk about with people. But when you think about it, much conversation is just an anxiety killer. Everyone is so afraid of silence. It's taken me awhile to get over that fear, but I do hang out with people and have some very comfortable silences :hug:

6. MourningAngel

MourningAngel Well-Known Member

i can't bear silence, can't keep conversation going or start one, neither in SF chat, real life or any other chat. i'm just too stupid, scared and nervous for that. i often can't even keep or start a converstion with a friend.:sad: i'm hopeless:(

7. Jooper62

Jooper62 Well-Known Member

I am the exact same way and i can't stand it.. it affects me looking for a job. I to a company i sit in my car for and hour to get myself together and i freak because i know i have to talk to a stranger. Going to a councelor maybe that will help you?