Who else feels alone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The darkness...... No one around me really understands where I am or why I feel what I feel. Talking to anyone just makes me feel pathetic because there are so many worse off. I feel so alone, do you?

I just think terrible thoughts.........thoughts of escaping the darkness, permanently.

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
I feel alone all of the time, because I don't really talk to anyone outside of this site. No one understands how I feel, either, even when I try my best to explain. Even if you think your problems aren't as bad as others, that doesn't mean that your problems are less valid. I know how hard it can be to even get through the day, but we are here for you, to listen and to help you feel less alone :hug:

I'm alone, too. Technically, I'm also in crisis mode. I've been looking for a room or apartment for some time and have found nothing. I have to leave the place I live in now in two weeks. If I don't find anything I'll be homeless. I don't want to stay in the Seattle shelters. They look dangerous and the clients are active addicts. What scares me is I'll start hanging out with the people I used to run with - Vietnamese drug addicts who hang out in Chinatown. They always accepted me and that's what scares me. I don't want to go back to an active addiction, that's why I'm terrified.

H

Hatshepsut

The darkness...... No one around me really understands where I am or why I feel what I feel. Talking to anyone just makes me feel pathetic because there are so many worse off. I feel so alone, do you?

I just think terrible thoughts.........thoughts of escaping the darkness, permanently.
Darkness is like night, being all alone. I feel pretty alone. I only talk to a few family and a friend, and not every day or too often. No one understands. But that doesn't mean they don't care. Just that their lives are different. Someone else does have worse problems than me or than you, that's a fact. Only one person in the whole world could be the very worst one off. But your problems are bad enough. You deserve all the best in life.

I'm alone, too. Technically, I'm also in crisis mode. I've been looking for a room or apartment for some time and have found nothing. I have to leave the place I live in now in two weeks. If I don't find anything I'll be homeless. I don't want to stay in the Seattle shelters. They look dangerous and the clients are active addicts. What scares me is I'll start hanging out with the people I used to run with - Vietnamese drug addicts who hang out in Chinatown. They always accepted me and that's what scares me. I don't want to go back to an active addiction, that's why I'm terrified.
Two weeks isn't very long to prepare. I'm well aware that homeless shelters, the overnight type where you check in at night and they boot you out before daylight, are awful. Active addiction, or the robbers in Amunhotep's tomb, sounds about right. I've been in some of them, although not recently. I'm a man, and if you are a woman, shelters for women are harder to find than for men. Some places like the Salvation Army Adult Rehab, are tough but not as bad, since they're kept clean and drug free and there is a program involving daily work and other activities. I went to one. They are also in Seattle and Portland, Ore. They will interview with you. If they cannot help you directly, then they may know where there is a place you can go to that is decent.

It's hard being alone, and the world just gets harder every year. I hope you are all safe. All the best to you. I noticed all the butterflies on this thread.
:butterfly4:

Last edited:
Redrobin I hope things work out for you, surely something will come up. Have you tried local churches, they will have a list of "clean" shelters. Wishing you well ~~

:rainbow:

maybe they get what you mean and feel but aren't sure what to say or don't react certain ways.

the shelter thing, what is your budget. any place in a rundown area is still better than a shelter in same area
or is it that there are simply not enough houses etc

emily83

more often than not, i feel like the only person suffering.

most of it's due to the fact that 9 times out of 10, people who around me don't take notice of how bad things are, and so it's like i'm invisible to most people.

hard thing to have to cope with.

more often than not, i feel like the only person suffering.

most of it's due to the fact that 9 times out of 10, people who around me don't take notice of how bad things are, and so it's like i'm invisible to most people.

hard thing to have to cope with.
I know exactly how you feel. I feel like those who have never experienced depression the way we do are close minded to our darkness to our dark thoughts. I feel like all they want to say is "Snap out of it!!" So I just isolate myself even more....I explain this is how I protect myself. Today is a very dark day, hoping tmrw is brighter.

Wishing you brighter days. Sorry, I have not been very encouraging have I? I do sincerely hope you have a better tomorrow. Let's make a wish together........now :cheerful:

I like this site. It comforts me. It's sad and tragic to see that there are others just like me out there in the world, but I guess that's just a fact of life. Many people are depressed, despondent and lonely. It hurts, like being whipped. I wish us all the best.

I feel like no one, not even my own family understands me. Sure they care. But they don't understand.

Yesterday was my 47th birthday.......YAY, not!!!:Cry:

I have two congenital physical health problems, accompanied by one other physical health problem

Every woman I have met my age over the past 20+yrs., could not handle the scope of my health problems, and/or their own

Then I have been tutoring a 22yr.-old(her birthday is today) woman since September. She has the same three health conditions I have. Plus a few more. She accepts me for who I am and I accept her. Despite all that she is going through. Sure she has mental health issues. But she is always concerned about me.

I am tired of not being accepted by women my age.

I always hear 'You will find the right woman'. But I won't. My health problems, while not contagious. Are too much for women to handle. It doesn't matter if the have health issues' themselves. That is what has happened every time.

emily83

I know exactly how you feel. I feel like those who have never experienced depression the way we do are close minded to our darkness to our dark thoughts. I feel like all they want to say is "Snap out of it!!" So I just isolate myself even more....I explain this is how I protect myself. Today is a very dark day, hoping tmrw is brighter.

Wishing you brighter days. Sorry, I have not been very encouraging have I? I do sincerely hope you have a better tomorrow. Let's make a wish together........now :cheerful:

oh, you've been encouraging.

just knowing that their's someone out their who feels like i do is enough.

i agree with everything you said, so much more mental health awareness needs to happen, and soon.

My friend, the one I could tell anything to, just dropped me. Blocked my number shut down email, everything. I only have his parents phone but I don't want to use that if I don't have to. We were talking and it was fine then one night I sent a message of sweet dreams, sleep well and next day poof. I wish I knew what I did wrong. This isn't even about dating, its about having a friend and it seems I'm not even good enough for that. I just want to die and stop inflicting myself on the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00