Who else HATES it when people say "EPIC FAIL"?

Discussion in 'Bullying and Violence' started by SAVE_ME, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

It annoys me to no end! You mainly get it on gaming message boards, when someone makes a complete and utter fool of themselves, everybody's automatic response is "EPIC FAIL", or "facepalm" as though they're the only words they know out of the English language. Oh, and what I find even more annoying is when they use some 'motivational' pic or animated gif with a caption in it.

Used to be "OWNED" and "PWN'D", but they don't get used as much anymore. God I hope this dies down soon. As if people have nothing better to do than highlight other peoples' flaws.

Oh, and I chose to post this in 'Bullying' cause I consider it a form of cyber bullying.

*awaits all the "this thread is epic fail" responses* :rolleyes:
  2. Vangelis

Vangelis Well-Known Member

It doesn't bother me because it's the internet and I would go ahead and say it back jsut to be funny. But not everyone knows the people behind the box and they may never know you as being vulnerable to such things. Just accept whatever words they say as meaningless and doesn't apply to you.
  3. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I get what you're saying Sean.
    People genuinely don't have anything better to do! Seriously that is how it seems.
    Which is why I steer clear of people. Why does everybody love to make everybody else feel like sh!t just to make themselves feel better?
    I feel better about myself when I've helped somebody and made them feel good about themselves and praised them.
  4. tiggersafire

tiggersafire Well-Known Member

It's not always meant to be mean... My friends and I at school say it all the time, but to describe an event not a person, so I don't know if that makes it a little different. I know we never do it just to be mean to people =\
  5. Ranxerox

Ranxerox Well-Known Member

The internet is SRS BSNS!!1 i blame 4chan for 99% of the interenet, but you should just ignore it, at least its not as bad as leetspeak or people who play dota.
  6. poison

poison Well-Known Member

it pisses me off so bad. i responded one time with "cool story bro" and they're like "huh? what???" it's like fuck you, if you don't know what cool story bro is you shouldn't be saying shit like epic and fail.
  7. the fleet asleep

the fleet asleep Well-Known Member

cool story, bro.
  8. poison

poison Well-Known Member

no u

9. Rose24

Rose24 Chat & Forum Buddy

I don’t think things like p'wned and epic fail are meant to offended, it just reflects the sarcastic, black humor of the people who use these sites.

Don’t take it to heart dear! :)
  10. Lazarus15

Lazarus15 Member

I find epic fail amusing in a very satirical sense, but p'wned just makes me angry, lol. I think it's mostly because I've just seen too many kids online using it as acceptable language. I weep for our cultural sensibilities.
  11. sucidalgirl99

sucidalgirl99 Well-Known Member

I hate that too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.