Who else hates walking alone?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Shogun, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

I was thinking about this the other day as I was walking alone to go play football with my mates.

I personally hate walking alone.

It's only about a mile walk to the football pitch, but it gives you time to be alone with your thoughts, which for someone that's depressed and suicidal, is not good. I have walked the same route very very often so taking in the sights isn't really an option, it's becoming redundant.

If I was walking with a friend then we could have an uplifting chat, so I don't mind walking if I have company.

I always hear about how people love to take long walks, so my theory is that it must only be happy people that have nothing but happy thoughts that enjoy long walks alone.

Anyone out there that's depressed and like walking alone? Or anyone happy and hate walking alone? Is anyone an exception to my assumptions?
  2. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

Depends...bit of both with me...sometimes, when I'm depressed I like to have good company with me to cheer me up...other times I want that time alone to just reflect, you know? Also depends on the weather...kinda tricks ppl into their moods if you know what I mean, like if it's raining, and all doom and gloom outside, you kinda feel that way yourself, but if it's a bright and sunny day, some ppl find that kinda uplifting....not sure exactly why I like walking on my own sometimes, I guess it's like a trip down memory lane for me, cause I always take routes I used to go when I was younger, when I was coming home from school or w/e, and when I walk past those places I just end up reminiscing about happier times...brings a smile to my face :smile:
  3. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

See, that's the thing, I have a lot of bad memories, so reflecting or reminiscing isn't good for me. I understand the weather playing a part with others mood, but the weather doesn't really effect me. But that's just me.
  4. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I really enjoy walking alone. Especially at night. I live on a very isolated rural farm. Late at night , when it is so dark you can barely see your hand in front of you is the best. That is when I can really be alone with my thoughts. I am a single mother of 4 and never seem able to get 2 minutes for sanity, and my thoughts are with me all the time anyways. I revel in the quiet and solitude. But I never fear my thoughts accompanying me on these walks. They are about the only thing I would call a friend anyhow.
  5. New-Hope

New-Hope Well-Known Member

Walking alone doesn't bother me... though I'd rather have someone with me.
    I usually take the dog :laugh:
    Is it just me or do people seem to give you weird looks when you're walking alone?
  6. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

I've never noticed that, I'll have to keep an eye out for it from now on though. :wink::laugh:
  7. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

nice toones to keep the blues at bay. tha's what I do at least, but I like to be alone because then I can create my own worlds. but hell, part of my job is, basically, to take long walks through the woods with other poeple.
  8. SadDude87

SadDude87 Well-Known Member

Being alone when your feeling down sucks. Problem is, after being around people for too long (which for me is only a few hours) I need time for myself. It is a vicious cycle, and part of the reason I am depressed. Can't find satisfaction whether I am alone or with others...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.