Who else here has Social Anxiety

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by seithkein, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seithkein

seithkein Well-Known Member

hfawhgfb aewui;gfqw qfwjighf kgflih iwhgfiewhkgf uigfewb wlgfewqklb

2. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

"In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."

3. rpiccola89

rpiccola89 Member

I do. I've developed it recently. Spending my time on the computer and loitering across the blackest recesses of my mind is my way of not having to aknowledge/deal with/admit I have it.
    :sad:

4. Warrior2089

Warrior2089 Active Member

I'm pretty sure I do. I don't talk to anyone in large groups of people that I don't know. I don't know if it's because I can't think of anything to say. I'm pretty sure it's because I'm too freaked out of how they'll accept me if I say anything. It sucks being a 14 year old who thinks he has paranoia (I put 'thinks' because I've never gone to anyone to diagnose it.)

5. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

That is not dead which may eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die.

But seriously, I was diagnosed with it several years ago, although I question the prognosis. I seem to get along in society pretty well, I just hate doing so. I can never seem to judge emotions or reactions well.

6. *raises hand

7. Yep, as of yet I haven't found a way to rid myself of it.

8. AlexDanish

AlexDanish Account Closed

Yeah. Used to take Ativan for it, but I find a way to manage it on my own now. Don't really like drugs.

9. Mortem

Mortem Well-Known Member

Mmmyeah. But I'm an introvert, which means I enjoy doing things on my own, and as I work by myself and have no other need to socialize, it's just one of many disorders I'm content with. :cool:

10. magic1

magic1 Active Member

I think I have it, though once I get out of here, Ill be ok. I think-I know- it's because I can't freely be myself, and I'm expected to be like others want me to be, which is a common case. This is mainly my mom, she wants me to be her puppet. You dont need a persona though. There are some people who feel great around anyone, and some people who are crazy around certain people but more reserved around others. Nothing to be ashamed of. It's ok, and you have to tell yoursel that. That other people besides you DO know what you're really like. Give them a chance.

like Mortem, see! Embrace it! HI FIVE! there is NOTHING wonr with is, as long as, thourgh the day and at the end of it, you like who you are :) :hug:

11. plates

plates Well-Known Member

yeah i am socially anxious- i am absolutely disgusted at what People are trying to do or have done to me...:dry:

12. aki

aki Well-Known Member

yep....i hate it...i get really nervous when i meet people and i can't speak properly or anything. and sometimes my legs shake so much i can't stand up and i blush a lot.....

13. Tony Walnuts

Tony Walnuts Member

I do..... and i've always been a very social and outgoing person with lots of friends..... i'm trying my hardest to overcome it with out drugs like adivant or zanny's, just a matter of time i guess.

14. ThoseEmptyWalls

ThoseEmptyWalls Well-Known Member

I have some social anxiety..I dont talk much to people when Im out and about if my husband or someone else I trust isnt with me. I cant even carry on conversation with someone serving me in a store/restaraunt/ect if Im alone.. If someone I trust is with me I can talk away though.. I also fear that people think Im stupid, or ugly, or fat, and all of that other bad stuff but at the same time I dont really give a crap if they think it - Its weird and I hate it but then again Im use to it.

15. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I'm ridiculously socially anxious. I do like to meet and talk to people but my body doesn't. Neck spasms, nausea, heart pounding and profuse sweating.

Hopeless :(.

16. Alexpt2

Alexpt2 Well-Known Member

I've got it bad. It really sucks too cause i'm so lonely, wish i could make friends. I'm on Klonopin for it but it doesnt seem to help me much. Only thing that helps me is enormous quantities of alcohol. then i can be somewhat outgoing in social situations

17. purplefizz

purplefizz Senior Member

I have social anxiety. I have a hard time going out in public. Even looking people in the eyes is difficult. I hate thinking about the next time I have to leave the house and deal with everyone.

18. Nyu

Nyu Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure I do :unsure:

:(

19. Parvolex

Parvolex New Member

I have lived with social anxiety most of my life. I'm pretty sure.
    When I was younger I used to cry because I was afraid to be in front of a crowd of people. And other things, like eating in front of people. Paranoid of what people think.

Now - I'm the most introvert, and socially anxious person you could meet. I live in my room pretty much. I'm scared of people talking to me. I'm scared of what people think of me. I'm scared of anything that involves public speaking, even answering a question in class.

Starting to develop into anxiety attacks as well, when I start to ponder on the thoughts of public speaking. And to which also develops in suicidal thoughts.

Oh what fun. I fucking hate it. We;re all doomed..

20. The_8th_Wonder

The_8th_Wonder senior Member

I do and it sucks because all my teachers just say is "Get over it you'll have to face it eventually." Don't you just love people in the school system that don't understand other people? Everybody says to me, "Why are you so quiet?" "Why are you so anti social?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.