Who else is a loner like me?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by DannyBoy, Dec 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DannyBoy

DannyBoy Well-Known Member

I've been a loner most of my life. Not so much before I was a teenager, but after I entered high school I very much enjoyed being secluded. I had friends and I actually got along well in every social settings. It's a strength I'm thankful to have to this day.

But for whatever reason I always end up just wanting to be alone. Sometimes people irritate me. Sometimes I just can't relate to other people. Especially with all the problems I have now. I enjoy company rarely. I can't find anyone I really am interested in talking with ever. I guess a lot of people seem like characters to me and many are fake.

There's probably other reasons like my depression and anxiety keeping me in seclusion, but for whatever reason I prefer to be a loner. I don't like having to depend on anyone.

It's a lonely life, a sad one. I don't recommend it to anyone. It's just where I've landed. I feel very apathetic and unmotivated. I wish I had more social contacts, but I dug a hole and here I am.

I used to be content with being alone in front of my computer or tv but the older I get the more it seems I feel a void. Being alone you often get stuck inside your own head which is also a miserable experience.

Who else out there is a loner?
  2. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

I'm agoraphobic, so naturally, I'm a loner.
    I can't be around people even if they want to be around me, even if it's in a private setting- I can't stand being near people in the flesh. It really scares me. I've been hurt way too much by people in my quest to make friends and to be there for people who were never there for me- that I've just given up on the idea that I can do the whole... human contact thing.

I made my first 'friend' in grade 9, really.
    Before then; I would have new 'friends' every week. Usually, I'd make nice with the new exchange students in class, show them around, be very helpful- and then other kids in the class would tell them about how I'm a bad person and I'm a loser and they shouldn't waste their time. So they'd stop wasting their time.

I'm okay with solitude.
    I'm sad now because I don't feel normal; and I want to feel more 'normal'- even if normal isn't really a word with meaning to begin with... I just want to be like the young adults on TV who have friends and jobs and go out and have fun and their lives are always awesome adventures - but my life will never be like that.
    So, I don't care.
    Although--- sometimes I do care and it just makes me cry for what an effing loser I am.

Oh, well.
    I wonder who else is a loner?
  3. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

I'm basically a loner. I stay at home on the weekends and really just don't have friends... I have my girlfriend 3 hours from me. My daughter, my ex and people at work that don't seem to really even like me. And basically out of everybody listed. I talk to my girlfriend online or on the phone.. I don't get to see her that often... so basically I just don't do anything or really have much contact with anybody. so yeah I am a loner.
  4. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

I am 95% loner. But it's a choice i make.

Maybe i'll expand later.
  5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

For a period of about three months in 2007 I wasn't a loner and it was nice. Unfortunately I've failed at recreating that.
  6. 1112222

1112222 Well-Known Member

Oddly enough once I was only a loner during my primary school days.

But my problem is that up until the last few years I've have always bad at choosing friends.

When you have ex friends who are date rapists, wife beaters and neo nazis you know you fucked up badly somewhere.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2010
  7. Illusion

Illusion Well-Known Member

DannyBoy, you must be my clone or something because I'm the exact same way! I'm a loner as well. In the past, I had more trouble getting people to socialize with me. When I started High School though, I had people wanting to socialize with me and become friends. I was thankful for that, however its not what I really enjoy. Because of that, I ended up pushing most those people away and sticking to only a couple of friends. All the others I pushed away seemed fake to me for some reason. Like they only talked to me cause they felt sorry for me. They didn't care about me, but they just wanted one more person to be their 'friend'. They didn't even bother to come talk to me anymore afterwards, so they must have not cared. I always prefer to be home alone in my room more than I do out with a friend in the public. I really wish I wasn't like that cause I feel like I let my friends down a lot for declining plans. It sucks. Its not something I'm proud of. I'm just not comfortable around people. Loner since I was a baby it seems like. My father is a loner to.
  8. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Well-Known Member

9. gakky1

gakky1 Well-Known Member

Me too. Up until a couple years ago still went out and did things with others, least I kept trying and was around others doing things, but I still felt alone. Now it's gotten to an ultimate extreme, for the last 4 months haven't left the house except for the occasional trip to the store,:whack: have not seen one person nor even talked to one on the phone. Too many reasons why, just turned into a pathetic example of a human.:sad:
  10. Johnnyc

Johnnyc Well-Known Member

I'm definitely a loner have been for most my life.
    I tried to be a social person but never could fit in with any group, so here I am a loner and always will be.
  11. LogDork

LogDork Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I opened up back in 86-87
    boy, was that a mistake I wont repeat
  12. hollowvoice

hollowvoice Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

born alone
    live alone
    die alone
    diary of a loner like me
  13. Arthur

Arthur Account Closed

I totally relate to what you posted earlier.
    I've been a loner my whole life, until i was 28-29 i didn't mind being alone.
    But as time passes by loneliness starts to get very hard to endure, ever since my mother got very sick, and she started dementing i can't have normal communication with her.
    from 2005 to 2007 i enjoyed visiting my mom in the weekend, ever since she got sick i'm crushed by her illness and how hard it has been on her and us.
    Loneliness has become a very heavy burden with time, i miss my mother.
  14. S1l3nc3r

S1l3nc3r Well-Known Member

I'm quite a loner.

I have one good friend who I've been friends with since year 8 at school. And another friend who I go out drinking with etc I no his friends but only see or speak to them when or if we go out somwhere. I have a very small social circle I wish I knew more people to do things with etc. I devoted my time to my ps3 when I was younger and still spend lots of time on it now. So that's one of the reasons I spose. But I also find it hard to get along with people I just find there not to be much mutual ground and most people back stab to much and don't really show the real them.
  15. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Yea. Being stuck inside your head sucks. For a shit load of reasons. :|
  16. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

Im a loner, would like to have friends but cant seem to make any. Must be me, Im a take me as I am person, so if you dont like me please turn around and go the other way. They all seem to turn around.
  17. foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten Well-Known Member

ive been a loner since i was born :p
    i wish i knew why. favourite song when i was 11 was
    "better off alone" by alice deejay.. because
    i had this real issue with talking to anyone.
    hasnt gone away :p
  18. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

Loner too. Not that I don't like company, but I have great troubles to make friends. i'm too picky I guess.
  19. pooky

pooky Forum Buddy

Count me seriously
  20. Autumn01

Autumn01 Well-Known Member

I'd say I'm a loner- I always go places by myself. I don't really have any friends. I feel like I don't fit in anywhere nor belong anywhere.

It is a lonely world. I know I push people away too.
    I don't feel I deserve any time spent on me.

You come into this world alone and I know I will die alone.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.