Who else is stuck indoors? :(

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Petal, Aug 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Erm, so yeah like that title implies.. I can't leave my house :( It's been quite some time since I've been outside due to having severe anxiety. Depression has eased off a lot in the past few months which is great, I have a lot more up days than down :smile:

Just wondering.. who else can't leave their house? It might help us to talk to people in a similar situation. :hug:
  2. Robin

Robin Guest

I have a terrible time getting out the house, still don't know why. Scared to be seen, noticed, convinced myself years ago people don't want me about and will go to great lengths to make sure if I do cross their path I won't again. Of course I also use to think there was this great spiritual conspiracy to make me live my life over and over, forever failing to complete some task and yet everyone knows what I have to do and resent living their lives over and over because I can't do one simple thing. Maybe I'm still recovering from that, I don't know.
  3. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

im in all day waiting for support workers
  4. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

im also stuck indoors.. cant even go in2 the front garden now..

do u guys ever feel like some ppl think u might be 'putting it on' just so u dont have 2 do anything?
    i sometimes get that feeling.. wish ppl would understand its not our fault that we cant leave the house.. if theres 1 thing i want more than anything else.. it would be 2 have a normal life.. be like every1 else and not have 2 deal with this.. :(
  5. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

I couldn't about a two years ago for months... but then I started leaving the house because I really had to. If you can force yourself to go down your road every day or two, you might be surprised how much it helps. I know how it feels.. I know how scary it is at first.. but if there's one moment you feel you might be able to do it, don't let it slip by.
  6. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I have developed a bit of social anxiety over the last few years. It is a struggle to get out most of the time, but I have to do it. After being outside for awhile it starts to become more comfortable. But, when I return, the symptoms are the same the next time I've to go out. I think the only reason I can get out is because of my anti-anxiety meds.
  7. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

I was stuck in the house for a year, then I got in a situation where I had to leave because I have to take the dog out for a walk daily. It's supposed to help to get out but its a fight every time, and I have anxiety every time. It hasn't gotten less or better. I still have anxiety going into the stores too, but with the dog I can drive and get out and do that, at least. No meds. When I'm around people, even on a forum, all I can think of is how they're going to hurt me and when. When I see people in real life they all look like monsters to me.
  8. SadPandaBear

SadPandaBear Well-Known Member

:( .............
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2009
  9. Darker Than Black

Darker Than Black Well-Known Member

I'll go outside, if I had friends that I weren't nervous around with :(, or if I had somewhere to go to
  10. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

but you do it.The dog forces you to get out.I wish I could have that.I know it isnt a cure but I hear about people who say exactly what you did..they are forced to get out..forced to get up and do something.However I'm losing even a desire for a dog,knowing its a pipe dream like everything seems to be.I try to go for walks but I have to drive somewhere far away where I won't see anyone in my own area..and there isnt a lot of people walking around.Even that I don't do as much as I had planned.I wanted to do it every day but often I can't bring myself to get out.Having a job forced me out everyday buit it was only a mater of time before I got myself fired and now Im back at square one and have spent most of the summer indoors alone.
  11. Emo_kitty

Emo_kitty Account Closed

i don't go out unless am with my husband am to scared to go out on my own
    but there is some times even then i don't want to go out
  12. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

wow Robin..and I thought I was the only one.:unsure:
  13. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

I can leave the house but there is no purpose to, I just have to wait around until I die pretty much

I go out every once in a while to buy food or other crap, or mail the tickets for my crappy job
  14. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

Should just give up and put bars on my windows. :blink:
  15. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

I am stuck indoors most of the time. The most problematic is that I am terribly conscious about how I look, and obsessed with beauty, so if I am to go outside, I want to look my best, or at least close to it... looking my best requires that I put makeup on, but what is most difficult is that I always have to shave, and I can't even begin to tell how much I hate shaving... I'm going to have that shameful facial hair surgically removed, one day. -_-; The need to shave every damn time I need to go farther than just right outside really cripples me. When it comes to putting makeup on, another problem is that it's difficult to keep the makeup perfectly clean, and I hate getting filthy so that is yet another problem... and of course, going outside will make you get filthy even if you manage to not touch anywhere, due to all the dust. As such, when I do go outside, I prefer doing it when it's been raining; usually it's much cleaner when it's been raining, but even if it hasn't rained enough for that to be the case, the dust will be kept down so that it doesn't get on me. Early spring, late autumn and winter are the worst for me, though... despite that it's wetter or snowy, so the dust is kept down, and despite that there are little or no insects, I have problems going outside since it's cold enough for me to have to wear much warmer clothes, and you can't just keep washing your coats or jackets, all the time, so if I am to go outside, I can't just put on regular, warm clothes that are clean, but have to wear a coat or jacket that usually is semi-filthy, as well. And then I preferredly have to look my best along with that.... it really is a task for me to get outside, but I actually have started to get better... especially recently, after I got a very advanced digital system camera (DSLR camera), and in late July also a telescopic lens. Aside from that it (and the extra lens) was so expensive, so I have to use it, I just can't get any good pictures if I don't go outside. The past few weeks have been extra good for me, as a lot of mushrooms are growing outside, now, and since I love how many mushrooms look, and as they only look good for a short while, I just have to get outside if I am to get any pictures that will make me feel a bit happier. Photography definitely is helping me to get better... at least right now. Hopefully it will last, though... I also am quite talented and I'm sure I even could win prizes with some of the photos I've taken. ^_^ Not of the mushrooms but some of the others.
  16. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

Nevermind, I should give it up completely... I fucking hate photography. I should give up everything and just end it. I am so sick of living this useless, deceitful life.

I'm going to drink, now. -_- Then just sleep. If only I would be dead...
  17. warwithlife16

warwithlife16 Active Member

Darker then Black =). Your #2 comment made me laugh pretty hard =). Hardest ive laughed in WEEKS, thank you for that =)
  18. twc

twc Well-Known Member

I spend wayyyy too much time indoors. I used to be a total shut-in, but now I just don't get out enough.

19. am I alive

am I alive Well-Known Member

I am pretty much most of my time at home lately,well its not that i don't want to go outside or have anxiety its because i hate this place where i live and have no friends here and don't have money(because im unemployed) to travell much often to the places i like. Anyways, it happens sometimes when i leave house not to come back 'till the late evening. I'm kinda of "supertramp" myself:rolleyes: but then when i come back to my room and my computer i feel like im in heaven again far away from cruel world and people...
  20. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Oh I used to be. I rarely left my room... And my social anxiety was totally out of control.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.