who else...

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by aki, Feb 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aki

aki Well-Known Member

feels there most likely isn't a meaning to life...and is happy with that? I just read so much on here, people find life pointless without god or spirituality or whatever. I used to be religious, but now I'm not; I find it so freeing. I love the feeling of nothing mattering. You can scream and scream and scream and go crazy and there's no one out there to judge you.
    I haven't found anyone out there like me :eek:hmy: probably never will but it's worth a shot.
  2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Well religion and spirituality hardly mix. Religious gods judge. When you find God or a higher power or whatever your own way, spiritually, then you see that there is no judgement.
    I scream too. Screaming is wonderful.
    "I'm screaming out, somebody listen, it feels so good this therapy." - The Unseen

No meaning to life. I think that IS freeing :D. Scream, scream, and scream some more! People don't scream enough. Everything is so fucked, why aren't their more screamers? I guess you can find a bunch in hardcore music hehe.

I can identify with the way you're feeling Elizabeth. You're not alone! Nope, not alone! We should get together sometime and scream :laugh:

love you :heart:
  3. aki

aki Well-Known Member

thanks! yes I agree...I think I might be spiritual, well have a spiritual side to me...reincarnation or just some sort of afterlife... I'm trying to resist it though, a little, cos I like feeling free and insignificant :D

yes I will scream, we should scream together lol!
  4. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

I think the problem with religions is they focus too much on God.

An artist might ask you which of their paintings you like, a singer might ask you which of their albums was your favourite. And when you meet God, he might just ask you what part of his creation you liked the most. I don't care too much about God, but I observe the world around me. I especially like the trees, maybe God does too?. :biggrin:
  5. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

Something like half the known species in the world are different types of beetles. I figure they must be a favorite of It's. (The naturalist and atheist J.B.S. Haldane has funny quote about god having an 'inordinate fondness for beetles,' which I cheerfully crib here.)

And if the duck-billed platypus isn't proof of some sort of divine sense of humor, I'm not sure what would be.
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

Beetles are amazing, as are fleas and bacteria. We probably don't appreciate beetles as much as we should (the ancient Egyptians treated some of them as being sacred). A pile of manure is full of life, the moon is dead, yet people prefer to look at the moon.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2009
  7. plates

plates Well-Known Member

thing is there's loads of people who will judge you for that.

having no meaning can be dangerous. i felt like you when i came out of hospital, then i realised, everything i was doing had a meaning, which was to live and want change.
  8. aki

aki Well-Known Member

I know...people automatically think you're shallow or something :unsure: I don;t know what they think....but it makes me question myself, if I am shallow...what do you mean when you say that, are you thinking the same thing as me?

I guess so. I think I've always had that belief in just life (not in an afterlife, anything spiritual underlying everything) that's what I mean, people say you'll be happier once you have a religion, but I think just believing in life, however shallow that is, makes a happier person. I don't think it's shallow anyway. But I think lately I've lost faith in life as well so I dunno.

Thanks for your replies everyone.
  9. plates

plates Well-Known Member

i didn't mean shallow, that has no effect on me. i generally meant that in my case, it isn't the thing about shallow, rather than just being 'not normal' or 'volatile' and they'll disregard everything i say as having no credibility or that i'm just there to be difficult and cause trouble when i'm not one to put up a fight without good reason as i'm not screaming jibberish or things that can't be easily understood (and if one does that there's a risk of being called retarded or having some kind of serious mental handicap), i'm screaming sense.

i don't think that an absence of faith in any god or religion makes you any less or shallow, of a person, no :hug:

take care of your good self.
  10. cinZamurai

cinZamurai Well-Known Member

I´m leaning more to nature at the moment as well. Nature is pretty fantastic if you think about it.

About the end I´m not sure. My logic says it simply ends as far as consciousness goes but I have not completely ruled out reincarnation yet. There are some crazy **** happening already in nature so some weird things could be in place even when it comes to this, I just dont know yet. I used to be scared of death but after listening to a conversation by "Alan watts" about death I stop´t. But as an effect I also had a greater appreciation of what life is.

About meaning. This one strikes me as a mystery and I can still not fully put my finger on it or make up my mind fully. At very rare occasions I get the distinct feeling that I must say "specific" words at a "specific" time to a "specific" person. It happens in a timeframe of about a minute or less before its time. In that timeframe I "know" deeply that I have been there before and I "know" what I will say "exactly" and when It will happen "exactly", the funny thing is that I don't know the meaning of the message and "it" has no reference to whats going on around at the time. I had one similar moment on here but it was less as it was only the same type of deep recognition, this time of a thread and a message. I knew I had seen it before and that it probably was a milestone of some sort. This gives me the sense that I have lived the same life more then once, but that would be just too weird?!

I did not comment on it and never does when this type of thing happens as I believe its best to leave it alone as giving this information can be detrimental to the reason for the message. I know this all makes no sense and I dont know what its about, its just a funny phenomenon that happens to me at very rare occasions. Sorry if I come of as crazy here, its another good reason that I don't say when I have one of these moments.

On the general terms
    I often adopt the thinking of everyone making there meaning about life and that they all look different. More over I see all the talk about heaven, purgatory, hell to be about life here on earth and not afterlife.

Oki I got to stop now, its getting late. Interesting thread never the less :smile:
  11. plates

plates Well-Known Member

I've had that so many times so many times it's become normal to me and it's only sometimes I can step back and think wow, look what just happened there. I'm becoming more and more aware of this. I don't know if it's a past life as such, I just feel that looking at my writing/photos and the way I've been living recently, there's something really weird but also very deeply "knowing" (to use your word) going on, like there's something in me that's working on a level that i'm not conscious of and my therapist and I try to decode it, or I only can decode things ages after :dunno:

Yeah heaven hell and purgatory is all here isn't it? It's all here.:dry:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.