who gains 8 lbs in one day

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by amicrazy, Jun 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amicrazy

amicrazy Well-Known Member

i mean seriously?
    god this sucks.
    i starve for a week, i lose control, i binge 1 day, i gain 8 lbs

and the cycle continues

just about as unhealthy as a person can be

...tried bulimia, and now a month later im 15lbs heavier

well... im not a drug addict any more. mostly. f---.
  2. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

I'm sure its just water weight.
  3. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

its probably the accumulation of poop in your intestines, especially if you've starved all week, the poop stays in, and so your binge day add to it...if you poop one time a day you can gain 5 pounds...and if you don't go for two or three days you can gain up to 13 pounds....so you didn't gain fat...
  4. Warm Hands

Warm Hands Well-Known Member

I know exactly what you're going through.

Happens to me all the time. It's the worst feeling in the world.
  5. amicrazy

amicrazy Well-Known Member

thanks everyone. it really is a bad feeling. so difficult to control -- i'm the heaviest i've ever been, and really don't like that i know what i'm doing is so effing bad for my body, teeth, etc. blahh
  6. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

This isn't uncommon, from what I know of bulimia.

Best of luck overcoming this disorder.
  7. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

A huge dose of fibre usually works for me...:hugtackles:
  8. ema

ema Antiquities Friend

I go up crazy amounts in one or two days all the time. My endocrinologist told methat if you don't go regularly, you can put as much as 15lbs on in just poo and liquid.

I try to get as much fiber in as I can everyday. Kashi products are good for this. Or just take fiber straight out. And drink water, not sodas.

Don't overdue products for emptying (like laxatives or water pills) as they will only make you keep it on and will take your potassium away and you will get really sick. Did that myself.

Water, fiber and some walking may help.

Hope you feel better. I DO know how you feel. I'm right there with you!! :hugtackles:
  9. greyroses

greyroses Well-Known Member

I feel you. Im an emotional compulsive eater and its BAD. Last night, for the first time ever in my life, I heard someone say I was fat. For five minutes straight. It just went on and on on this...I dont even know. I have covered up my body for years out of self-shame and have only recently begun to wear just t-shirts. Today, I have done nothing but binge, now finally to the point that I am in serious pain, and in a situation in which purging is not an option. It sucks a lot. For the next week I will likely be eating thousands and thousands of calories and day and panicking all night because I cant get them OUT again.
    I need to stop obsessing on it too, because the more I obsess the more I eat...its a horrible twisted cycle and I hope you are able to find some relief in it. I find it best to try to be horribly busy all day. I play act like I am some successful business woman rushing off to important meetings and dying to get home to my three story mansion to relax in the pool or something.
  10. Warm Hands

Warm Hands Well-Known Member

Yeah I just gained 3 lbs between yesterday afternoon and now, and all I ate was friuit!

So that has to be waterweight.... right?
  11. greyroses

greyroses Well-Known Member

Yes. Do not worry about fruit or vegetables eaten in bulk. They are mainly water.
  12. ella.g

ella.g New Member

That happens to me ALL the time. It's so disheartening. But if you're going to purge, make sure you rinse your mouth with baking soda mixed in warm water. It literally saves your teeth. I've been bulimic for a year and a half now (purging 1-2 times a day) and my teeth are still in almost perfect condition. I asked my dentist if he noticed any acid erosion and he said no. So make sure to di it every time.
  13. Decode

Decode Well-Known Member

Hey Ami, 8lbs bet that was really disheartening :hug:, but that could also have been you were dehydrated and had just been loo when you first weighed yourself that would make you lighter (was you wearing the same stuff, clothes are heavy). Its not likely to be perminent weight, probably a lot of water.

Maybe you should try and weigh yourself just once a week like monday mornings or something. I think weighing yourself many times a day is a bad idea, if i started doing that even i would always be thinking about it, how did i put on those pounds or lose them etc etc. Fluctuations in weight are normal, you will not learn anything by weighing yourself everyday your just going to make yourself feel worse.

Starving is a bad way to lose weight. Your metabolism will slow right down as your body goes into a survivial mode, the next thing you eat will not be burned off and will me stored as fat. Your body will cannibalize your muscles for food. Less muscles equals less calories your body will burn.

Eating small and often is key, it keeps your motablism high burning off calories plus mixed with some sensible exersise is a very effective (meal, snack, meal, snack, meal, snack).

Didn't mean for this to sound like a moan. I really hope you start to feel happier soon.

I think the left dog in your avatar looks really funny wet. :smile:
  14. Ålice

Ålice Banned Member

I wish I could gain weight at all. I keep LOSING weight, no matter how much I eat. If i gain a kg or two, it's gone in a few hours. It's disgusting.

I think the best way to lose weight is slowly decreasing the amount of food you eat, eating healthy foods, and working out at the same time. Eating disorders have never helped anyone, trust me...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.