Who has been the kindest to you in your life?

Discussion in 'Strategies for Success' started by Petal, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I would have to say my mother has definitely been the kindest to me. She is simply amazing, always there no matter what, no matter what the issue, the problem, the scandal, she will fix it!!! She would give me her heart if she could and I love her so much, I buy her loads of gifts or perfume and make up!! But nothing will ever be big enough for such a wonderful human being!

Who has been the kindest to you in your life?

__d, Amaryllis_xx, Corvette and 2 others like this.
  2. robroy

robroy Well-Known Member

My good friend/ roomate. She has survived a terrible amount of abuse and still came out the other side a sweet, caring person. She is the only person I have ever been able to be completely vulnerable with and because of that she is very special to me.

lilshortcanadian likes this.
  3. Sais

Sais Well-Known Member

My mother. :)

4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

My grandfather.

5. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

The old man and dog.

Brian777 likes this.
  6. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I would say my grandma and my stepdad, too bad they died when I was so young and so close together. It was such a big loss, it is still hard to deal with.

7. Maxine

Maxine Member

My nan ..she brought me up . I lost her 14 years ago and I miss her every day . She was my only family . I always wish she was here when I am feeling sad

8. Rival

Rival Member

Mom and Dad. The only confort I havê in this world. Once they are gone, I will probably have to go as well.

9. Amaryllis_xx

Amaryllis_xx Member

My cousin, and although we aren't in touch anymore , they were the only person I could sorta be myself around

10. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

My best friend and my boyfriend.

I have known my best friend for around 8 years now I think. From the start she has taken care of me. First time we met she ordered me to sit at 'her' table with the other punks. I was having my lunch alone... and according to her I looked way too nice to be alone. Even before we were really friends she would notice when I wasn't well, she even saw my cuts even if I tried to hide them, and was the first person to tell me that she wished I didn't have to hurt myself. She's not having it easy herself, she's mentally ill and it's hard for her to trust people because of it.
    We can talk openly about our problems, and she always finds out one way or the other; even if I try to shelter her sometimes.
    She was the first person that has actually showed me what it's like to care for each other.

I spent the day with her today, she bought me dinner and candy and hot chocolate because she knows I'm poor... though I just won a big gift card in a contest, as well as being so lucky to win the Halloween contest here! I can't believe my luck!!

I always feel so much better after time spent with her. I can truly be myself with herself! And I have no shame about yelling random quotes from British TV shows with her around town.

My LDR boyfriend is amazing. He deserves a medal!
    When we met I was trying to get away from my abusive ex and trying to get out of the prostitution the jerk had gotten me into... we met online in a chatroom where I admit I was looking anyone just a tad bit nicer than my ex to help me climb out of the dark pit... that was a pretty wide field.

My best friend knows nothing of this ex and what I did... I don't know if I can ever tell her. It's not about her... but while it happened I was sworn to keep it secret, and now I am just too ashamed.

My boyfriend was amazing from very early on. He has the most silly and groanworthy humour ever, and he can laugh about almost anything.Our first conversation was one long weird joke about how he'd go around my dog that I said would probably bite his bum or something...
    I went from having cried all day to just laughing so hard I could hardly type. When things got more and more serious between us and I realized that he started to like me I started to try to push him away... I tried to scare him away and I told him my full story about how 'f*cked up' I was and how my life was...

Recently he told me he never even realized I tried to scare him off.

Instead of running for the hills, (which I secretly hoped he wouldn't) he decided to stay and work on fixing me. He confessed to me a while after that he wasn't planning on becoming my boyfriend because he was struggling to get over his ex, and he was only staying around to help me get better. But apparently he fell for me.
    He's such a strong man. He struggles a lot too, he's dealing with PTSD, brain damage, and I think he's depressed too... a few weeks into our relationship I forced him to try to get help if he wanted to stay in touch with me after a fight. I realized he needed help with his problems, help I couldn't offer... I actually told him, 'either you get help or you will never talk to me again'. It was incredibly harsh, and the truth is that if he hadn't I'd still talk to him... but already same day he had booked time with a psychologist. He still goes a year later; and he always hates going... but he's doing great progress. It can't be easy those, it's 15 years of pent up stuff and a massive breakup with his ex that made him almost take his own life.

I was so shocked he actually listened... that I actually mattered...

I am doing a lot better today, compared to when we met. I've grown a lot with him, I have gotten a confidence I never had before... and even if it took a long time I learned I don't have to work for his attention. Being myself is actually enough.

My demons still come sometimes... and until some months ago my ex was still randomly reaching out to me, and sometimes managed to make me fall for his tricks and spells. One of the times my boyfriend was just about to leave me... I made my ex cut his ties to me though. (I kept my boyfriend informed) and I contacted my ex; who claimed to actually 'like' me in a way he hadn't felt for any of the other girls... I decided to test it and pretended to be a lot more crazy than what I am... I made him see that if he drove my boyfriend away from me I'd die.

But my bf is here for me. He's here for me through the good days and the bad days.
    There seems to more and more good days for us!

I even have days where I can stare at myself in the mirror and think 'wow you look beautiful today'. I always avoided mirrors as much as I could and even punched a few.

I don't think I've ever been this happy in my life.

Since we started I have prepared myself for the end... I never want it to end, but with my past... I needed a bit of a safety. I started to learn his language (Dutch). In case it would end some day I could always say that at least I learned a new language... and he saved me in ways I had never imagined.

But I want him to be my forever. I never used to imagine myself having a family of my own... but I want kids (when my mental state gets more stable)... and I want to grow old giggling to his lame jokes.

11. Thauoy

Thauoy Well-Known Member

Hi Petal, You are the kindest in my life.

Randell and CodeX like this.
  12. undercoverlover

undercoverlover Well-Known Member

my best friend rosie. zie has helped me so much when i struggled with blaming myself for abuse, has helped me with flashbacks, talks to me about all my favorite things all the time, and makes me smile and laugh so much

13. redgirl

redgirl SF Supporter

My best friend. She and I have gone through similar struggles and when we first talked about it together, it was like a giant weight had been lifted, knowing that there was someone I could relate to who could also relate to me on such a deep level that I didn't even know existed. She is my rock, but I'm also lucky to have a solid source of support from most (not all, but most) people around me.

14. Brandon Kwon

Brandon Kwon Banned Member

My mom probably. She's never given up on me, always had encouraging things to say and tried to help me through terrible times.

Cananybodyhearme likes this.
  15. Flying Fox

Flying Fox Well-Known Member

My mom, dad and my dear friend, more than I deserve from them. They are truly amazing. I don't know what I would do without them; even the thought of losing them makes me cry. They deserve better from me and I can't give it to them because I broke a while ago and healed crookedly.

16. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

My grandmother, Hannie, god how I miss her. She loved me for me, Wow, crying again.

17. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

My Mom :) I miss her so much, a little Scottish lady with a heart of gold. Wish I told her I loved her more ❤️

18. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

The homeless person who passed away earlier this year. I was saddened by sad loss of life. I helped him and his smile was priceless. His death really affected me. It was a sad loss of life.

JustCan'tQuit likes this.
  19. Lorax

Lorax Well-Known Member

Me! All those people who said they'd ride till they die are gone, or don't help. I found the issues, fixed them, offered love at my lowest, found confidence, went and found jobs, got my friends back. The next best people already died off years ago.

Aussiefan likes this.
  20. Inanimate

Inanimate Well-Known Member

My mother, ironically. Her love is vastly obscured by the bitterness and contempt that I have for her, but she has probably loved me and shown me kindness to a greater degree than anyone else has.