• Both the iOS/ Apple iPhone/ iPad and the Android/Google versions of the sites mobile app are now available for download from the resources page. The app is free for all members. This app will allow you to get notifications on your mobile device whenever a thread or forum you watch has a new post, when your thread or posts get replies, when you recieve a private message, etc. The links to download the app are in the resources area - https://www.suicideforum.com/community/resources/categories/example-category.1/

Who hates their job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheesecake

Im a chef. The hours are crap, the pay is minimal, the pressure is tough, the work is dirty. I'm always serving happy looking people in buissness suits whilst im dreaming of a well paying office job where the work is relaxed and the pay is good. But my GCSE's are barely adequate, and i just fear for my future workwise.

Anyone else feel this way about their job?

Most of the time I enjoy what I do. But there are times i hate everything about it. These are the times I have to step back and be thankful that I do have employment and things could be worse.

J
I do. Who wouldn't hate a job where you're treated like dirt? Guess that goes with being "The baby" huh? I don't mind the actual work.. but the people!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't hate my job but I do find it very difficult sometimes. It's the social side I find difficult rather than the job itself. I often used to wonder could I do this job or that job? I think I'll stick in this line of work even if I don't stay at my current job forever. I work in a biochemistry lab. I think I would like to do a PhD some day. I graduated 6 years ago and I get paid ok at the moment and to be fair to my work they are very supportive, I was off sick for nearly 2 months over the summer.
I do worry if I'll be able to support myself for the rest of my life. That is one of my biggest worries because if I didn't have to work I would just become a hermit :)
Sorry you don't like your job, I don't think anyone would mind if you thought about a career change though. No harm in thinking about what you would like to do and maybe getting some more qualifications while you work as a chef.

Jenny

Staff Alumni
When i had a job :rolleyes: it was ok.. the work itself was pretty boring, but the people were really nice and it was a great team spirit. But of course then they decided to outsource our jobs to India and make us redundant! So now i'm looking for another job... :unsure:

rachypooh

I dont currently work. I have done a few things here and there. My longest lasting job was a delivery driver and that was crap, they stuffed me around big time, although when I was really sick they understood and helped out.
Sorry you dont like your job but I think alot of people are in the same position there

Rachypooh

Casey.

I am a chat mod for a horrible web site that I am starting to believe is an anti-life support site. I hate it.It's very stressful because everyone is always fighting. Maybe you could look into getting a new job. I know I am!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$345.00
Goal
$255.00