Who here likes the UFC?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by LDA, Aug 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LDA

LDA Well-Known Member

I dunno if this belongs here... but I didn't see a sports forum or anything... Anyone else here interested in the UFC or any other MMA organization?

2. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

ive been offered to enter MMA cage fighting but no way would i do it. lol

3. LDA

LDA Well-Known Member

You gotta have a lot of heart to do that. I wish I could. I have the utmost respect for any person who steps in there to fight for our entertainment and to prove themselves. I have the heart to do it, I have most of the technique down.. I just don't have the weight. :) I couldn't even make lightweight division (155 pounds).

4. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

UFC is fantastic!

5. LDA

LDA Well-Known Member

Yes, a fellow fan! UFC 102 coming up on Saturday!

6. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

me neither... only way 8 stone

7. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I really enjoy the martial arts and the science of the different arts and their history. Some of the fights have been horrific but all in all it has been less brutal than boxing in my opinion and nobody has died in the UFC as far as I know. I've watched almost all of the major events and paid up the ying-yang for them, but it's better than spending it on boxing as I used to do. Far more interesting.

8. LDA

LDA Well-Known Member

It's actually less dangerous than boxing. In boxing, they have the standing 8 count which allows fighters who have been flash-KOed to contineu fighting and increases the risk for brain damage. In MMA, if a fighter goes down flash-KOed, the opponent can follow them to the ground and keep hitting them until the referee stops the fight, decreasing the risk for brain damage.

9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I personally, don't care for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.