Who is/are your heros?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Bambi, Aug 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Seems that few have heros anymore and I am think we need to resurrect the hero in our everyday lives!

I have several such as Ghandi and my father to name just a few.

I would love to hear who your heros are and a tidbit as to why you find them a role-model for you.

So....

2. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

My grandma lost her mother as a child and handled it well. She survived tuberculosis in the early 40's. And many other things... She always make it somehow. She is SO strong!

3. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

I don't have any heroes, sadly. :dunno:

4. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

When I was a kid and up until very recently the members of the rock band KISS especially, Peter Criss, were my hero's.

Today my only hero is God.

5. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Wait I thought Peter Criss was God? Crap back to the drawing board.

6. triggs

triggs Account Closed

:laugh: nice one B
    Peter Criss is a bit of a god tbh
    Johnny Cash has always been pretty inspiring to me really
    but i've never really had heroes

7. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Wow Johnny Cash...guess I would have to say he is my hero too...he overcame so much and well he kept after his true love and finally got her in the end! Gives me hope

so
    Ghandhi
    Dad
    Johnny Cash

8. triggs

triggs Account Closed

:) yep, he's a pretty cool guy
    mother teresa was also pretty amazing

9. iKarma

iKarma Well-Known Member

Bruce Dickenson
    Nelson Mandella
    Che Guevara
    Aristotle
    Charles Darwin
    Albert Einstein
    Hippocrates

To name a few.

10. Epical Taylz

Epical Taylz Well-Known Member

my best friend Jaysun..
    he's actually been through a lot of stuff
    he use to cut and quit cold turkey, all on his own.
    he's diffinatly my hero

11. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I don't really have any but definitely anyone who has faced their fears in the face of adversity and fought for what they believed in like Nelson Mandela. I look up to people like that a hell of a lot and wonder where they got their strength. It's inspiring.

12. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

Real world heroes? Franklin Roosevelt, Winston Churchill, Woodrow Wilson, Dwight Eisenhower, George Patton, Neil Armstrong.

But my favorite fictional heroes are The Punisher, Snake Plisskin, Ash Williams, and Nick Fury.

13. Tavil

Tavil Well-Known Member

Real World: My Mom, Marc Byrd, Carl Sagan, Nik Kershaw, and J.K. Rowling

Fictional: Neville Longbottom (I wish i could be as brave as he was after all he'd been through.)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2009
  14. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

I guess I forgot to say that each of you is my hero...I mean you come to this site humble and asking for help, you tell your painful story and share your greatest fears, disappointments as well as your hopes and aspirations...that is not easy, I know.

So you are all on my list of heroes - :love:

Hugs B

15. cofmadness

cofmadness Well-Known Member

No one, I don't find anyone "worthy" enough i guess to idolize, no one's flawless so yeah.

16. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

for me it isn't the well known usual assortment of heros.For me it the girl ( or guy) working at Dunkin Donuts who always smiles and is polite.It is the cashier who chats casually with you as though she knew you all her life.It is the jogger who looks you in the eye and smiles..or quips about the weather or how I walk faster than they jog..oh..and the bicyclist who rides for miles for cancer research.Oh there's more.The mother of 6 who works full time bathing cripples and makes them laugh...then goes home and weeps alone when no one is looking.How about the anonymous person who calls you when you are about to hurt yourself and gives you no reason not to trust her..and you try to..but..you just are not a hero like she is.
    I could go on. lol.

17. MissKerouac

MissKerouac Active Member

This is incredibly geeky.... but *cough* I'm a massiv Doctor Who fan. I guess he'd have to be my hero. :laugh:

As well as all of you guys of course!!

I do also highly idolize Russell Brand- if anyone has read his bookywook or heard some of his genuine beliefs, I think hes lovely.
    ....And Oscar Wilde. Gotta love Oscar Wilde. And Stephen Fry.

I don't know, I just have so many people I look up to. Pete Doherty even!

18. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

Steven Spielberg and George Lucas. I grew up on their films and wanted to be a filmmaker myself. Other talented filmmakers such as Cameron, Tarantino, Rodriguez, etc.. are also my heros.

19. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

"No one wants to be Peter Criss. Not even Peter Criss."- Peter Griffin. Family Guy.

20. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

gerard way. cause hes been through what i have, and made a sucess of himself

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.