Who is in the wrong?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Petal, May 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Don't worry, I am feeling pretty good and stable now. But on Monday I had a SERIOUS crisis. I phoned my doctors secretary and politely asked her to ask the doctor to ring me that it was URGENT. I'm not going into method details as of course it's forbidden, but I was seriously contemplating suicide so much that I was vomiting and hallucinating at the thought of it because I knew I was ready and it was even more serious in my mind than the time I took x amount of tablets and ended up in a coma in ICU. She phoned me about a half a hour later, I told her I was actively suicidal ...so much that I can't find the words to express it, anyway, all she said was it's your choice and I am busy with other patients. End of phone call. A very good friend of mine helped me and prevented my suicide attempt. I saw the doctor the very next day and she told me my phone call which I called urgent was completely unacceptable behaviour. What the ....fuck? I thought they were there to help. I'd like to hear your views on this and if possible please tell me who was in the wrong. I feel very mad at her. If I had died I don't know what would have happened to her. Advice please?
  2. Øyvind

Øyvind Senior Member

Obviously there's no question. You were in the right to call your doctor, and her rejection and stupid words the next day was criminal. Who the hell would say something like that? She should not have her job.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2014
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Did you ask here how was it wrong for you to make that call and what avenue would she have you take then if she was not available to help you. If your own doctor does not hear your cries for help i mean xxxxx what is wrong with these professionals
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I agree, this bitch (excuse my french) should not have her job, she's incompetent. She was so angry at me that it made my mood low again. I have rarely told her I was suicidal because I had been doing so good for a long time, she should have took my call seriously...but she made me feel I was in the wrong :( These so called 'professionals' are useless,disgraceful and should be shown up. I must add that I saw a new doctor today, I had to pay and he gave me anxiety pills. He really listened and cared..maybe though that was only cos I was paying, I'm not sure.
  5. CanesFam

CanesFam Member

That's seriously the most screwed up thing I've ever heard. She is a horrible person and definitely in the wrong. I've never tried this, but why not call the suicide prevention hotline?
  6. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

Wow I am so sorry that happened, they should of given you details for crisis numbers and in most instances in doctors practises these days there are doctors in call ringing patients so they could of passed you on as an urgent referral.

What I find unacceptable is the fact it can stop you ringing again or trying to get help. Have you thought about complaining to the regulatory body?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.