Who IS making the world a batter place?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by sunshinesblack, Nov 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunshinesblack

sunshinesblack Well-Known Member

have just come to this question since there is alot of BS floating on the net about making the world a batter palace. I am not sure yet who makes it batter for me, I think sites like this defenetly. Also I get to work from home and with pirated soft(since i could not afford to buy it) so i have to thank someone for that too, since otherwise id be even more broke. And other stuff I have to thank the online for. Other than that a few good book and that's it.
    Oh and I take meds and they made them more potent so that is good too.

So am wondering who do you think did make a batter place the place you are in?
  2. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

I try to make the world a better place to live in. :smile:
  3. houseofcards

houseofcards Well-Known Member

There are people I know that make the world for ME a better place, but for the WHOLE world to be better, I don't think that can ever happen :laugh: The people that changed the world for me would be:

My Boyfriend
    My Boyfriend's Mom and Boyfriend
    The Psych Techs that were in the Psych Hospital I stayed at
    Everybody on SF
    My Nurse Practitioner that actually believes me
    My 2 Teachers while I was still in high-school this year

What they all have in common is that they all supportted me, even though i'm "crazy" and "messed up in the head"

I WISH celebrities and other teachers and higher-up figures could make the world better by making today's kids more tolerant to people that aren't "like them". I get so pissed off whenever I see kids from my old school on facebook saying "fag" or commenting on someone's status telling them that their friends are trashy, etc. That kind of stuff won't get us anywhere. I'd love to just smack them. I honestly think that if the majority of the population treated each other with respect, people would get the picture. Not what's true in most cases, though.

My dreams for college have drastically changed. I wanted to be a doctor/lawyer/high paid person before - Now I want to be a social worker. Yeah, tons of people hate them, plus their pay is crappy, but some of them are actually extremely helpful/friendly people. I discovered that i'm best being a helper and I really hope I do my share in making the world a "better place" some day. (socially, at least - don't know what I can do about cutting down on energy and tree killing and what not.)
  4. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Who makes my world a better place? Well only people ive known for a while makes me smile and it goes something like this:

My dad

Dont really know who else to include really, the people from here are the people i talk to the most so they kinda make me smile
  5. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Small children who believe they can do anything - who force their parents to be more environmentally friendly and to quit smoking.

I think they make the world a better place.
    Hopefully, they will continue to care about the world all the way until they are grown up and can really do something about it.
  6. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

Parents that teach thier children to feel compassion for others, to respect themselves, to improve thier lives, to depend on themselves, I could make this list go on and on.

For me, for the world to change, we would have to change the way that we are, since thats never going to happen, Im trying to teach my kids to show themselves as the best that they can be and do everything they want, to achieve happiness and satisfaction with thier lives.

I want them to not depend on a handout from anyone, I want them to be able to support themselves, to know how to live this life not wanting and needing the next cool thing, to be happy with what you have.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.