Who is taking Wellbutrin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been on it little over a month on 75 mg. It works amazingly for a few hours and then it stops working. It seems like it just wares off.

Waterfall55

Did you ask your doctor if you could take a higher dose, or multiple doses each day - or the extended release versions? That might keep you going a little better. Or even changing the time of day you take the dose. Since you are finding it does help you out, I think it is worth a follow-up call to your doctor.

I take 300 mg in the morning. It has stopped working after a few months. The doc won't take me off of it though. He decided to raise the dose of my Luvox from 150 to 175 mg per day.

I am hyper-sensitive to meds. So, I have switched meds more than I care. I would prefer to stop taking the meds and just let nature take its course.

My doctor wants to raise it up to 300 mg eventually. Im mainly on it because I'm always tired from the depression and he said it should give me a friendly kick of energy. That seems like a lot of medicine to me ._. What does the Luvox do?

Also I see my doctor again on June 6th for a followup to see my blood tests and to talk about the medicine. I will defiantly tell him about it.

Chargette

My doctor asked me to consider taking it in the future. I've been reading about it. It is a stimulant and it's supposed to work on re-uptake of neurotransmitters that anti-depressants don't address. I'm not sure if I want to add a medication. In the meantime, I'm interested in hearing the experiences of others who take this medication.

red ribbons

I've been on 150 mg. in the morning for 5 yrs. I had to switch pshrinks. The new one put me on the time released Wellbutrin. I can't see much difference. I still get depressed by late afternoon before the nighttime meds- the Wellbutrin wears off and I have to tough it out for about 45 minutes before it's time to take the nighttime meds. I feel like I had a radical personality change switching to the time released Wellbutrin. Once I accidently forgot to take the Wellbutrin and I really plunged into a deep dark hole and I could see how well the Wellbutrin was working.

lachrymose27

I am. I guess it suppresses my depression although i still feel extremely sad often. Im only on a regular 150mg dose. I lts being increased to 300 this sat. Hope it works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00