"Who knows what tomorrow will bring", I know, nothing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomerSimpson

"Who knows what tomorrow will bring". I guess everyone has heard that, but for me tomorrow always brings more loneliness, more emptiness, no desire to live, more sadness, and most of all just no hope. If anyone knows this than they know the pain I am dealing with, and the question I ask myself...."Why should I keep living?"

I've had a long struggle with past and future. Regrets for the past, fear and anxiety for the future. What my therapist has been trying to teach me is that the past is history - can't change it - the future isn't yet reality - can't tell what it will bring. Our only reality in this life is right now. I argue with him that the past effects our present, and we would be stupid not to prepare for the future. But, it all comes down to NOW. Can we focus our attention on right now? Can we change our right now? What do I see in my NOW. What does my NOW look like, feel like?

I'm a slow learner, but right now I'm trying to shift my focus from the past and future onto the NOW. Getting a handle on that is a big deal.

rojomi

Banned Member
well, the end lyrics of the song are "in a world few hearts survive". But, to try to answer the question "Why should I live?", is up to you. maybe cause you are and in fact don't know what tomorrow will bring unless u make an effort or even don't-just sit back and enjoy (or don't) the scenery. or sleep or do
"...almost anything is better than doing nothing"-unknown.

HomerSimpson

I've had a long struggle with past and future. Regrets for the past, fear and anxiety for the future. What my therapist has been trying to teach me is that the past is history - can't change it - the future isn't yet reality - can't tell what it will bring. Our only reality in this life is right now. I argue with him that the past effects our present, and we would be stupid not to prepare for the future. But, it all comes down to NOW. Can we focus our attention on right now? Can we change our right now? What do I see in my NOW. What does my NOW look like, feel like?

I'm a slow learner, but right now I'm trying to shift my focus from the past and future onto the NOW. Getting a handle on that is a big deal.

That makes sense, but when your NOW is filled with nothing, but loneliness, and not having the desire to live anymore how can you focus on your NOW, when all there is is pain. rojomi I also see what you are saying, but I have been waiting and trying "to see what tomorrow will bring", but for years now it has only brought more and more suffering. I just want it all to end someway or another.

saeyoon Chung

tomorrow always brings more loneliness, more emptiness, no desire to live, more sadness, and most of all just no hope. the question I ask myself...."Why should I keep living?"
guess we have similar symptoms, suffering from the dead numbness, almost anesthetic feeling in the head when hopelessness is injected..

but no desire to live, period? that's going a bit too far.

Imagination is a powerful thing. The 'no desire to live' part likely came from your imagination(and my hopelessness from mine) too.. I think hope and desire, they also come from imagination, something that's "not there" yet.

Imagine a new life and picture living it. Hey, if we have no motivation to do anything.. I mean ANYTHING.. why not at least imagine the life we've dreamt of..?

There's nobody telling us in our mind "tomorrow is 'just another day'" except ourselves. See how we put down our lives...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00