who pays for the funeral >??

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by vassago, Jul 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vassago

vassago Member

say i get a gun and kill myself, who pays for the funeral ???
  2. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

Anyone who's willing to foot the bill, if not then the state will pay for it.
    Please though, don't put anyone through it.
  3. vassago

vassago Member

i called a funeral service palce and they said in case of suicide the family of the victim pays, which is why if i do it i want to come up with the $2300 for the creamation etc

dont feel bad, i want this im tired of shit existance and human limits
  4. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

Either next of kin or the government.
  5. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Well we certainly are limited. But it is temporary and mostly our own limitations that hold us back, and it doesn't have to be shit.
  6. TheWr0ngChild

TheWr0ngChild Well-Known Member

Most close family would probably feel obliged to pay for it, but if no next of kin can be traced then it's down to the government. You would not get any memorials or anything that way though, you'd probably just be cremated and erased, nothing for anyone to remember you by.
  7. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

Just so you know funerals cost up to 10,000 dollars you really want to put your family through that kind of shit>?
  8. vassago

vassago Member

it's around $4000 for creamtion and a nice urn for the ashes,

which is why im leaving behind $5000 and selling my car payins some CC i had etc all ready for the big ride
  9. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

You are willing to torture your family instead of trying to live life and trying to find help. There's always hope. I'm not going to spit sunshine and rainbows up your ass, life is tough. It's not meant to be an easy ride for people. YOu have to live how you want to live and change the things you want changed. If you are willing to put your family through that torment then I cannot stop you I can only try.
  10. Melmoth the Wanderer

Melmoth the Wanderer Well-Known Member

I've been wondering about this, too, and I found an article about lessening the costs of a funeral in the USA (I don't know where you are, so this may or may not apply in your country):

I feel like I'm "enabling" or something, but I believe that everyone has a right to make their own decisions. However, I urge you to plan carefully and to explore every other option before you use that gun. Suicide is still an option for me, but I'm giving life my best effort first--after all, life is temporary and fragile, death is permanent and inevitable. Before you go, make sure to: write on this forum; talk honestly to a therapist you trust; try medication for a few months (or at least long enough to accurately gauge their effectiveness); try to use or find a social support structure; find a job you can tolerate; try a new hobby; etc.

I pray life will become less painful for you, and I'm glad you're here on SF. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.