Who the f^ck are these damn people...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by antelope, Jan 31, 2014.

1. antelope

antelope Member

.. who are able to decide whether or not I am eligible for consideration for a job or not? I mean these bloody recruitment 'consultants'. Every job requires experience, even though I could do it blindfold. If I'm not already doing it, I'm no good. As if I'm too stupid to learn.

I'm assessed as a person... my whole life, my personality, my gifts, my knowledge, my experience... by a three page CV. And nothing else.

Nothing about my priorities, my values, the things I've seen and known (across four continents), my intuitive understandings, the way I relate to people, where my heart lies. Nothing, in other words, about me.

These damn fascistic demagogues that declare their right to determine my right to be considered for any given roles in society. I hate these bastards with a loathing that borders on the psychopathic. They drive to me to apoplexy. The control they have. With no permission from me. Who am I sending my CV to, with all it's personal details? A name on a webpage, with no acknowledgement or response. Could be anyone harvesting marketing material. I apply for a job and hear nothing. I feel like a piece of meat, surrendering myself to a mincing machine. They're leeches. Bloodsucking middlemen. I regard them with contempt and, as I sit here weeping into my rum, facing homelessness despite two masters degrees, 30 years commercial experience, a breadth of knowledge and world awareness that could only be described as unusual, and a iq that only 1% of the population could achieve, I truly hope that one day each and every one of them, 'recruitment consultants' I mean, suffers the same fate.

2. AnnieK

AnnieK Well-Known Member

i doubt i have the iq anywhere near yours, but i hear you. i have applied for positions in my field and nobody will even look at me. won't even interview me. i think i have a stunning resume and a stunning personality [ha], but i can't even get an interview. i am on leave from my current job after being in the hospital a while. i had tried interview within my company and they told me i was not qualified to do a job i'd done years ago. so yeh, i'm angry. pissed at the way of the world. terrified i am going to lose everything.

i'm sorry you are having such a hard go of it. i am too. i know that won't make it any better, but i hear ya'. :mad2:

3. lautanner

lautanner Well-Known Member

antelope, I'm so sorry that you have to deal with that bulls**t. You sound like you are more than qualified for this job and you have no control over who determines what criteria is best. I imagine that you must be in a lot of pain, and are feeling a lot of anger right now. Please know that we support you here.

4. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Antelope, I'm sorry you're feeling so badly right now. Looking for a job these days can feel like such a slap in the face because it's such a tough job market.

It sounds like you have a lot to offer!

Are you looking for permanent corporate employment? Have you considered doing consulting work? Most governments have employment/job search workshops that could when we have to figure out how to present long-time employment and many years of experience to the best advantage. Where I live, there are even government grants to help people start up their own business.

It can be frustrating to be nothing more than "three-pages" when we apply for jobs. It doesn't include everything else that we are. Perhaps it would be worthwhile to explore job search workshops that are specific to your area of expertise and experience. I'd hate to see you get so down and frustrated that it gets in the way of your finding a fulfilling job.