Who the heck am I???

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Cooki, Jun 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cooki

Cooki Well-Known Member

Or rather: what??
    On the one hand side, I'm really mature, I know what's right or wrong, I do stuff I don't want to do because I know that it is important. I have to get good results at school, even if I don't like school I know that I have to be as good as possible so that I'll have better chances to get a well-payed job. I know what decisions to make. I'm smart actually, and I'm able to see through peoples' fassades to get a look at why they act the way they do or what their personality is like, wether I can trust them or not, and all this just within a few minutes.
    On the other hand side I'm just a little child cuddeling her plushies. But I'll have to give them away because I'm allergic to dust.... I'm almost crying..! For me, my plushies are creatures with real souls and whenever I need someone to hug they're there when no one else is.... I've knitted an elefant last holidays, I was so proud and I already started knitting a hippo as a friend of his, but now I'm just so sad because I'll have to give the elefant away and all the effort will be for nothing.... And she will never get her best friend hippo, because it's useless to sit there for hours and hours knitting a hippo that I'll have to give away..... It takes more of me than it should , but I love and need my plushies and I can't just give them away just because I'm allergic to dust :(

2. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Why can't you just give them a vacuum/hoover every day - as a better alternative - once all the dust has been sucked out of them, you can keep them and cuddle them cos you know they're completely clean!?

3. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

I was just wondering if you could maybe find some material you could knit with you aren't allergic to? I have to get honest knitting is not my field of expertise (quite a lot not in my field actually!).

We all have a child in us, and to be honest yes sometimes we are taken aback how something small upsets us, it can seem trivial to others. However, they seem important to you so of course it will have an emotional impact you spent time making them and they were your own.

I really hope you feel better soon, and find some material you can use to make some more

Take care

Rich

4. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

wish I had this gift.

5. Cooki

Cooki Well-Known Member

urPrecious: the doctor said that I either have to get rid of them or freeze it, cause that's the only way to get these creatures that live in dust (which cause the allergy) dead. But I can't just put like 200 plushies (yep, I'm a freak) into the freezer oO
    Perfect Melancholy: it's not the material that I'm allergic to, it's the dust, and every stuff is full of it....
    sudut: it's something I've learned over the years. I analyse people when I talk to them, I have learned some self-taught tricks on how to get people to talk more about themselves than I have to tell about me (my boyfriend calls me a psycho for that. I texted his ex girlfriend in the last few days of easter holidays, and in the end I knew a little more about her than he had gotten to know within 3 years. And she doesn't like me at all because she thinks I'm an anime fanatic, which is not exactly the case, I've only seen like 3 or 4 xD). What I want to say with all that is that it just depends on how long you practise this, you can do that too :)

6. Sparrow91

Sparrow91 Well-Known Member

Something similar happened to me once but instead of the freezer I threw all my stuffies into a black garbage bag tied it very tight and placed it in the sun I guess the lack of oxygen and the heat killed it , it did the trick. I got to keep all of them. I'm not sure if it will kill what you have but it did for me. It's worth a try :)

7. Cooki

Cooki Well-Known Member

There are no black garbage bags around here :/ but thank you for the tip, maybe I can paint a garbage bag black or so :D or I ask my mum if it is allowed to put plushies into the giant freezer we have for the coffeeshop we own (I think that's not allowed, because there's food in it and usually it's not allowed to put non-food things like plushies into the same space as food ._. But otherwise I can't get most of my plushies frozen because they're too huge xD I got a 1-meter-tall teddybear from my boyfriend for last Christmas :D).

8. Cooki

Cooki Well-Known Member

I guess I'm becoming more of a kid than I ever was before xD after the allergy test, the doctor was like "yeah, and no plushies in the bed, but you probably don't have them anymore" and then I stared at him open mouthed and he was like "didn't you say you had a boyfriend??" So that's not as usual as it seems then? I mean, yesterday at school a girl who's a year younger than me showed me her new phone case, it's a 3D-case shaped and colored as Stitch from "Lilo & Stitch", and she also has a boyfriend and she loves everything that's cute, just like I do xD

9. Sparrow91

I think any garbage bag would work fine as long as it's sealed

10. Cooki

Cooki Well-Known Member

Garbage bags here are see-through. No possibility to get heat in there :/

11. Cooki

Cooki Well-Known Member

Yay! My mum just told me that there's no problem with putting plushies into the huge freezer we have!

12. Sparrow91

Yay! That's great news, glad that worked out for you :)

13. Cooki

Cooki Well-Known Member

I'm soooo happy ^____^

14. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

OK - here's what to do - vacuum them first, then give your plushies a bath + disinfectant/detergent & scrub the remaining dust out of them. Put them in the dryer, hot as you can to kill any remaining germs/dust mites. PM me your address and I'll send you a roll of black plastic bags that they sell in supermarkets here (can't believe they don't have any in Germany!) Then when they are totally clean, dry and dust free, pack them into the bags and label each bag with who goes in which one - and I'm sure there won't be one grain of dust they'll be able to fight over in there!

oooops, just seen what your mum has said........ but this ^ could be a backup!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2014
  15. Cooki

Cooki Well-Known Member

Precious: Note that I have like 200 or more plushies :D and most of them would die at least in the dryer, probably earlier since most are not washable xD but thanks for the idea ^^ and did you change your username or something?? I'm confused '^^

16. thorns_all_over

thorns_all_over Green Thumb Staff Alumni

If you are talking about those kitchen trash bags... then most of the ones you can buy in Germany are clear.
    But you can buy blue/grey/black colored trash bags all over the place. All the supermarket chains definitely have them.
    Aldi, Lidl, Edeka, Penny, Netto, etc. They are usually 60l or 120l.
    I'd still put them in trash bags before putting them in the freezer!

I don't think there is anything wrong with plush toys at your age...

Well, good luck with your plush toys Cooki.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2014
  17. Cooki

Cooki Well-Known Member

Was to a supermarket today and asked if they had something like that, and so I found out there are these here too ^^ bought some, and now I try with placing 4 plushies in the sun (I'm afraid they might melt or something :/ my cousin once left her loved little teddybear in the sun and it literally burned oO) and I really hope they'll be okay later..!
    When I was in 4th grade I overheard second-graders talking about a baby-photo of a classmate. One was like "and look, you held a teddy in your arm!" and the kid talked about laughed too and said something like "yeah, I know that's kiddish, but I was a baby, so there's nothing wrong with it :D" and since that I always felt strange for loving plushies. I'm kind of a plushie-freak, they all have their own names and personalities :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.