who to call in IL

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by swimmergirl, Jan 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

I need to talk to someone like right now, i need help, but I dont know who to call, anyone have any suggestions?? I am near chicago. Seriously, I really need to talk to someone about these feelings before I hurt myself.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Just PM'd you if you are still online...J

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hiya, sorry I'm a bit late with the reply, hope you are feeling better now..

Here are crisis numbers for the USA

USA
    Prevention numbers
    National Hopeline Network
    Tel: 1-800-SUICIDE / 1-800-784-2433 (Toll-Free in the USA)

Self Injury - Tel: 1.800.DON'T.CUT (366-8288)
    Suicide Hotline - Tel: 1.800.SUICIDE (784.2433)
    Domestic Violence - Tel: 1.800.799.SAFE (7233)
    The Gay & Lesbian National Hotline - Tel: 1-800-THE-GLNH
    Rape Crisis - Tel: 1.800.656.HOPE (4673)
    Child Abuse Tel: -1-800-4-A-CHILD

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hey hope you didn't harm your self next time just keep typing okay go to chat talk with someone call crisis hearing a voice on the other end does help. take care.

5. swimmergirl

I did talk with sadeyes in chat and it got me through the night, the next day I met with my psychiatrist and told him as much as I could about what I am feeling but we ran out of time, and now he is on vacation for 2 weeks and I dont think I did a very good job of explaining how badly I am feeling, I still felt like I had to "be strong" but it is just a facade. Now I am really alone, feel ashamed still and really dont have any help to get through this horribly dark time. I wish he would have put me in the hospital or helped me come up with a way to stay safe when I feel so very not safe. I dont really understand why these suicidal thoughts are not going away, why they torment me when all I want to do is live my life, but they do, and they are screaming at me. He does have someone covering for him, but I am terrified to actually call that person who I dont know even if I know I need the help. I guess I just can't take any more disappointment. I feel like I am walking in and out of doctors offices and I have this figurative broken limb and no one notices it, or does anything to help heal it. They just say, yes, your limb is broken. See you next week. WTF.

6. orangejulius

orangejulius Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, I live in IL too... But I'm midstate. It's tough dealing with something only to look outside and it be as gloomy as it is today...

Anyway, there are a lot of people in the chat that would love to talk, myself included. If you are really worried and need help, don't hesitate to go to the doctor, even if you don't know them.

I've not seen a doctor yet because I feel weak if I admit I can't handle it. A really stupid "guy" thing. As hypocritical as it is for me to say, it's really important that you open yourself to being helped.

:hug:

7. swimmergirl

Yep, this gray depressing weather does not help matters, but at least the snow is melting!

Still feel stuck and hopeless and alone. About to go cut myself to at least relieve some of the tension, and put the self hate, guilt and shame all into that wound so at least then it is out of my head, i can see it, point to it and say there it is, i told you so.

8. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

I know this may be late but would like to hope that you are ok. Needing the tension release is something I know well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.