• Apologies for the issue with a bizarre redirect on the site earlier today. There was a large server update and an error in an IP address had the traffic routing wrongly. No hacking or anything nefarious and nothing to worry about. Sorry for any stress/anxiety caused. Very best wishes - SF Admin

Who wants to fit in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daphna

Ninja of light
I know some of you are upset about not fitting in with society. Heck I used to be too, but I have since changed my mind. I am glad that I don’t fit in. All my life I was the outsider. My family moved me around a bit. I hated it, because I thought I was missing out on something. Turns out, I wasn’t. As an adult I still found that I’m not like others and I am fine with it. I’m a sensitive soul, and a deep thinker. I enjoy expressing myself with words, and I enjoy making an impact through my actions.
I tried being normal, and it was disappointing. I thought perhaps I was the only one that felt this way, and then I found this site. I was so exited because I finally found others who can relate to me as I can relate to them. This world alerts all my senses and tells me something is wrong. I am grateful for this because it led me to where I am now. We all have our journeys. Don’t give up on life, this awareness is only the beginning. It can lead you to so much more.
I’ve since forgiven myself, and I’ve learned to love myself. By doing so, I can have the confidence to be myself. Some accept me, and some reject me. I admit, I’m not everyone’s cup of tea, but that’s okay. I love me, and if I don’t like something about myself I can always work in it until I do.

Optimistic Goatman

The woolly enigmatic one
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I'm in total agreement with you here. So many people act like if you're by yourself, you should feel bad about that or that something's wrong there, but i love being happy with my own company. Like, i see people posting here about struggling with social distancing, or how they feel lonely and need engagement here, and i think "Ouch, that sounds rough. I'm glad i don't have to feel that way about these things."

It's good that you've learned to love yourself. Continue to embrace the unique and independent person you've become. *hug

Daphna

Ninja of light
I'm in total agreement with you here. So many people act like if you're by yourself, you should feel bad about that or that something's wrong there, but i love being happy with my own company. Like, i see people posting here about struggling with social distancing, or how they feel lonely and need engagement here, and i think "Ouch, that sounds rough. I'm glad i don't have to feel that way about these things."

It's good that you've learned to love yourself. Continue to embrace the unique and independent person you've become. *hug
Thank you for your kind words. Thank you for sharing! 🤗

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
I don't want to be like the 'normal' people, but I think it would be an easier life.
I agree, I put such at times as self interest such as times when I was unemployed and looking for jobs. Nobody really from work or otherwise that was close and might hear about opportunities and although many company no longer do it more than a few still ask for references that are not family. Not having many, if any. friends let alone close ones whether from work or outside work makes it seem strange for many people where they wondered about me I am certain.

Daphna

Ninja of light
I agree, I put such at times as self interest such as times when I was unemployed and looking for jobs. Nobody really from work or otherwise that was close and might hear about opportunities and although many company no longer do it more than a few still ask for references that are not family. Not having many, if any. friends let alone close ones whether from work or outside work makes it seem strange for many people where they wondered about me I am certain.
Yes, I can understand that. Thank you for replying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$180.00
Goal
$255.00