Who would've known

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Stormrider, May 12, 2011.

1. Stormrider

Stormrider Well-Known Member

I know i've said i wouldn't post here anymore but yet i'm back.
    Not because i'm doing worse and not because i'm doing better.
    I've got a lot of problems and even if i wanted to i couldn't solve them all. but one of the problems is my lack of friends and a social life.
    A while back i got a friend request on a network from an old childhood friend (from about 17 years back) at first i didn't want to accept it cause i was thinking i didn't need people from my youth(i hated that period for several reasons) to come to me to see how good they are doing and how bad i'm doing. But still i did give it a shot after a week or two and send him a message we started talking a bit and while talking a bit about what job, cars etc he said he had a depression, is getting professional help etc...
    He's doing fine now he says.
    It's strange how you can realize you're wrong about what people would think.
    We said to meet sometime for a drink and catching up a bit. maybe I can get an old friend back, who knows : )
    Looks like trying to be a bit more social works. I realised a while ago nothing will change if i only hang out with my good friends that are married allready and have kids etc. they're great people and i don't want to loose them as friends for any money in the world but the fact I realised last few weeks is that if i keep myself trapt in this "comfortzone" and don't take the "risk" to try and meet other people to get a more social life then it'll never happen and i'll keep living the life i hate. I know the people i'll meet will most likely never be as close to me as the few long time friends i have but i do need more to start liking my life again.
    The more good times you have the more bad times you can handle and that's what i need to try to obtain.

Damn i've been rambling long now, i'm going to try to take the excuse that i'm a bit :drunk: and that makes me talk too much :biggrin:

anyway i'll leave it at this now, there are some things that i'm going to make my social life a bit better and maybe if i'm a bit better with that then i have some more will to take care of my other problems or just live with them.

Take care all

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Good to hear you are doing well :smile:
    Keep us updated on the meet.