Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Matt93, Mar 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt93

Matt93 Well-Known Member

Been about 3 weeks since I last <Edit Moderator total eclipse method >and decided to cut again tonight.

I know this forum doesn't try to encourage self harm, and that's not what I'm doing her, but I'd like to say, that was < Edit Moderator total eclipse triggering" I've had in a LONG time.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2011
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I know self harm can help release the tension and pain but it is not a good coping skill i hope you can get help to stop
  3. clairedelune

clairedelune Well-Known Member

Hi Matt. I've been self-harming myself before because I chose it as my coping mechanism but I realized it wasn't really a good idea so I resorted myself to writing poems and listening to music every time I'm upset and wanted to do something to myself. So I hope you can find other better ways of letting go of all the anger and frustrations.
  4. letmedisappear

letmedisappear Well-Known Member

I myself used to cut, just stopped about a week ago, and though I found it helped cope, there were other more useful things I found. As someone suggested, try music (especially that full of anger or depression...strangely enough, it helped me), or - I know this sounds strange - try screaming silently. It lets the tension out and causes no harm.
  5. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

I still don't get how cutting one's self can help relieve pain and suffering? I've cut myself by accident many times before, and they were painful experiences.
  6. Matt93

Matt93 Well-Known Member

I do listen to a lot of music, and some of my music does make me smile randomly. And I do write a lot of poetry, some I post here, the rest stays with me because it's shit.

Sorry about anything triggering I'd put into my first post :/
  7. feathers

feathers Well-Known Member

<Edit Moderator total eclipse rude response>
  8. Miu

Miu Well-Known Member

Two days ago I relapsed after over two months clean, I honestly believe I'll never get out of this mess.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.