Who's wearing purple today?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by ziploc_bag, Oct 20, 2010.

1. ziploc_bag

ziploc_bag Active Member

I am.

I thought I would be the only teacher in the school wearing purple, but I saw so many people, students and staff, wearing purple. I even saw a "gay? fine by me" shirt.

So heartwarming.

If anyone is unfamiliar, today is a day to remember those LGBTQQIA people who have committed suicide due to endless harassment and bullying they have faced.

Peace and love to all, and remember, you are loved and beautiful. And things will get better.

2. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

wow I had no idea there was a day like this..that's awesome! I will pray for them :)
  3. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

My mom and sister did.

I didn't for two reasons, one being that my purple sweatshirt was dirty, and another being that I didn't really take note of it till now.
  4. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

I wore a purple coat.
  5. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

Oh I had no idea that was today!

Hm.. I don't actually have anything purple clothing. I'm in a purple blanket though. My thoughts are with them now.
  6. Nyu

Nyu Well-Known Member

Me ^__^
  7. lurktheshadows

lurktheshadows Well-Known Member

I died my hair purple just for the occasion =)
  8. alison

alison Well-Known Member

I was wearing purple, but now I'm in my pajamas under blankets
  9. MadeOfGlass

MadeOfGlass Well-Known Member

I wore purple socks and drew alllllll over one of my arms in purple marker. :D

I don't own any purple shirts. :laugh:
  10. 1112222

1112222 Well-Known Member

Today in order to show my support I died my pubic hair in a lovely shade of deep purple.
    Well no but my raincoat is purple so does that count.

But all kidding aside its nice to see that both students and teachers alike are willing to take a stand against this sort of bullying.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2010
  11. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

<==purple hoodie
  12. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm wearing a purple dressing gown! :smile:
  13. lurktheshadows

lurktheshadows Well-Known Member

all of you are amazing <3
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2010
  14. Ouroboros

Ouroboros Chat Buddy

I didn't realise there was such a day!

On the other hand I did wear purple, purple is my favorite colour and I wear it almost every day!

Glad to hear so many people supporting this! I just hope people can realise the damage they cause by being prejudice and bullying and that everyone can be kinda to one another.

15. MistyMaisy

MistyMaisy Well-Known Member

I would have! But I didn't hear about it in time. :( Lots of people were wearing purple at my school though. :)