Who's your favourite Musician/Instrumentalist?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Nuri, Apr 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nuri

Nuri Well-Known Member

Here's an idea for another thread for those who have some musical knowledge.

Name your favourite Musician/Instrumentalist... If possible; try and find a video on Youtube etc... of one of their performances - it doesn't have to be their best performance ever.

For example, mine would be;

Vocalist: Roger Daltry (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC4_Dgb96jc)

Guitarist: Jimi Hendrix (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNUcd_2e7_Q)

Bassist: John Entwistle (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVl39LBZGMw)

Drummer: John Bonham (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L47lv3QTkbo)

Keyboardist/Pianist: Rick Wakeman (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ya6dsej-0I)

Feel free to add things such as; Violinist, Harmonicist, Trumpeter, Saxaphonist, DJ or any other instrument that you can think of.

If you're not sure who plays any of the instruments, or you don't have a favourite instrumentalist, then you're welcome to remove them or leave them unanswered.

Please try and use the original format, shown above, so it's easier to understand. You don't have to make the text bold like I have though, I've only done that to make it more clear.

:guitar: :drums: :piano:
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2007
  2. SeemsPerfect

SeemsPerfect Guest

Pianist / Vocalist:
    Sarah McLaughlin

Someone at YouTube created this vid for the song, "Do What I Have To Do."

The album, "Surfacing," was one of the most amazing works I've ever heard. Although not new, it's still a brilliant album all the way around.
  3. SeemsPerfect

SeemsPerfect Guest

Paul Oakenfold is high on the list but I gotta give it to Moby if for nothing more than the one PERFECT mix: "One of These Mornings."

Someone at You Tube created a video for it based on Final Fantasy. I'm not a big gamer but I thought it was kinda cool.
  4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

ok Drums.....GINGER BAKER
    Guitar.....Eric Clapton, Santana and the late great Jimmy Hendrix
    Keyboards: Mike Oldfield, Gary Numan, Jules Holland, Duke Ellington, Alexis Weisneberg, Nellie Ore, Horowitz, RickWakeman and David Helfgott.
  5. asqy

asqy Well-Known Member

Guitarist/Instrumentalist: John5
  6. music_addict

music_addict Well-Known Member

Guitarist - Robby Krieger
    Bass Guitarist - Les Claypool
    Vocals - Jim Morrison
  7. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

Guitarist - John Petrucci
    Pianist - Vladimir Horowitz
  8. fade2black

fade2black Well-Known Member

9. ~Nobody~

~Nobody~ Well-Known Member

Okay, I'm probably going to keep adding people to this now and then, it's a great idea for a thread! :smile:

Right now I just wanted to put in a mention for Jeff Buckley as a bloody amazing vocalist! I'm not saying he has the best voice in existance, but it's one of them, no doubt. He has an amazing range, boy that guy can sing high! :tongue: (If you don't believe me try listening to him singing Corpus Christi Carol!)

As evidence of his general amazingness, I would recommend listening to his album Grace. (It's available from pretty much everywhere, if you get my drift :wink:)

If someone wants an immediate fix just to prove how great his voice is before they go hunting for his album, check out these links :smile: Oh and these are all live :smile:.

Mojo Pin

Last Goodbye

Enjoy. In fact I think I'm going to put this in Reviews as well so that people can respond! :rolleyes:
  10. kindtosnails

kindtosnails Staff Alumni

Vocalist - Rufus Wainwright, Sheryl Crow, Karen O, Joni Mitchell

Rufus Wainwright - Maker Makes

Sheryl Crow - Hallelujah

Sheryl Crow - Love is a Good Thing

Yeah Yeahs Yeahs (Karen O) - Date with the Night, Maps, Pin
    3:27 : Maps :smile:

Joni Mitchell - Big Yellow Taxi

Joni Mitchell - Both Sides now
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2007
  11. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

Bela Fleck, banjo player with the Flecktones. He's AWESOME AMAZING INCREDIBLY TALENTED!!!:eek:hmy:
  12. Nuri

Nuri Well-Known Member

Composer: Tchaikovsky.
  13. Lady E

Lady E Well-Known Member

vocalist: Billie Holiday
    Pianist: Ray Charles
    drummer: Dee Plakas
    Bassist: Kristen Pfaff
    guitarist: Carlos Santana or Robert Johnson
  14. ACRon

ACRon Well-Known Member

bassist - nikolai fraiture (strokes)
    vocals/guitar - paul banks (interpol)
    guitar/vocals - matt Bellamy (muse)
    keyboards/piano - johnny greenwood (radiohead)
    drummer - fab moretti (strokes)

i could think of a thousand line ups depending on what day it is, but right now would cream myself over whatthat lot could come up
  15. SpencerA

SpencerA Well-Known Member

sia furler
  16. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Pianists: Horowitz and Kissin
  17. rojomi

rojomi Banned Member

:piano: Liberace!
  18. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

dave swarbrick... violin/ fiddle

19. Nuri

Nuri Well-Known Member

My acoustic line up would be...

Vocals - Joni Mitchell and Neil Young - just imagine the vocal harmonies.

Acoustic Guitarists - Bert Jansch and Steve Howe - Bert Jansch was and is the Jimi Hendrix for acoustic guitar and Steve Howe is a wonderful guitar play who I thoroughly listen to.

Double Bassist - Danny Thompson - the work that he did with Pentangle is amazing.

Drummer - Dave Weckl - This drummer is actually relatively new to me but I'm certain he can hold his own against the red of the line up.

My electric line up would be...

Vocals - Jeff Buckley and Stephen Stills - Jeff Buckley's melancholy and Stephen Still's soul.

Electric Guitarists - Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck - Jimi is and always will be the master of electric guitar, Eric Clapton is undeniably the best electric guitarist that the UK has ever had to offer and Jeff Beck is a brilliant instrumentalist who's playing has always been full of raw emotion.

Bass Guitarist - Tal Wilkenfeld - This girl has really impressed me recently infact she's going down as one of my influences and you know what? She's a new face so it's quite a miracle that I like her but she's worth the grade plus not that this had anything to do with my decision but she's quite cute. :wub: Yes, she has actually beaten John Entwistle and John Paul Jones for me... that doesn't happen very often. :blink:

Drummer - Vinnie Colaiuta - I've only just discovered this drummer and so far all I can say is wow.

I'd add more but... meh... that's good enough for now. :laugh:

I'll leave you with a video of 4 of my dream line up playing together; Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton, Vinnie Colaiuta and Tal Wilkenfeld - You Need Love
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2009
  20. $MyName

$MyName Well-Known Member

Guitarist: Chris Cheney (The Living End)
    Drummer: Tre Cool (Green Day)
    Vocalist: Avril Lavigne
    Bassist: Scott Owen (The Living End)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.