why am i even here?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by emilyroselovesu, Oct 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emilyroselovesu

emilyroselovesu Well-Known Member

what is our purpose is life?
    i feel like i am a mistake and i dont belong here.
    that i dont do anything good for anyone.
    i am just a useless.

2. lurktheshadows

lurktheshadows Well-Known Member

everyone believes that at one point or another.

I've thought about this...my entire life.
    And I don't have a concrete answer.

I do have some theories though:

Even if life is meaningless, even if an afterlife is a delusion created by fear, even if the depravity and suffering in this world makes it seem callous and hostile...

even if all these things are true, this does in no way whatsoever impede upon the fact that you should be able to live a life of happiness and love.
    If you live it, you perpetuate it in the world...and therefore..(I contradict myself): life can never be meaningless if you live with compassion

so...: you live so you can make connections, you live so you can love, you live to make friends, and assist other's and find joy. Find joy.

we are not useless when we love ourselves, because when we love ourselves we do great things.

all of this is trite, I'm aware, but sometimes we need reminders

we all make mistakes and damage other people sometimes, but that doesn't mean you are "no good to anybody", just by being here right now..by saying that..you're effecting dozens of people
    just by being in the world you're effecting thousands if not millions, if not the entire population of the planet
    and no one's to say whether it's for better or worse...in all of our cases, I believe it's both.

Find peace within yourself, just keep working towards it. It is possible.

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

You are neither a mistake nor useless, and I am so glad you are here...please tell us what is going on for you and what has upset you so much...big hugs, J

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.