Why am I here?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by DarkFantasy, Feb 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkFantasy

DarkFantasy Well-Known Member

Does anyone ever ask that question?

I've come to the conclusion that everyone in the world answers that question with their own answer.
    So what does that mean about the truth?
    If life only exists for your reason for living, then what's the purpose of life?

I'm sure a lot of you ask that question and can come up with numerous answers. But the question still remains.
    Why does anything exist at all? Why am I the way I am, and what purpose do I serve?
    It seems there is no answer.
    Everyone makes their own rules. Whether it be God, or art, or food, or science, sex or some kind of positive feeling they feel.
    But what does that all mean really?
    Nothing if you ask me. It's a pessimist versus an optimist. But who's right?

There is no reason to live if you have no reason. And that's where I'm stuck. It's where anyone and everyone will be stuck at during a time in their lives.
    My question is, how do you live knowing that whatever you believe to be truth can be?

We're looking at ourselves in the mirror before we go to work, school, or just after we take a shower. We put stuff in our hair, put on makeup, but for what.
    We're looking at ourselves in a way only we can see. In a way we only think others see us. But others see us so differently.

Sure, it's easy to just say "live freely", but what does that really mean?
    Perhaps you've discovered what it means for yourself, but that's your own personal experience.

Everyone's opinions here will be just that. So where can opinion enter real life experience. One's words may be influential to another. But what happens when you know all of that.
    When you know what's going on around you, but can't live IN it.

It's insanity.
    There is no answer. There is no fact. There are no rules. There is nothing.
    I want to live like you. But I know too much.

I don't know guys. I guess I'm just in a pit.
    I just don't see any reason for living other than being happy, and being happy is something you believe in.

Someone teach me how to be happy, because I'm losing it here.
  2. DarkFantasy

DarkFantasy Well-Known Member

My other question for this forum is, are there any professionals here that can help me?
    Because all I see is a forum just as any other forum, and some moderators that are very strict.
    I need help.
    I have serious issues.

Someone please tell me if I'm in the wrong place, because it doesn't seem I get much help here.
  3. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

As in the existential(spelling) question? Well I really have no idea.

Maybe there is no truth - only possible answers?

The only reason I'm alive is because the body doesn't generally shutdown within a second, unless some sought of physical illness is involved etc.

For something not to exist, something else has to exist/had to exist.

"Every man is more than just himself; he also represents the unique, the very special and always significant and remarkable point at which the world's phenomena intersect, only once in this way, and never again." ~ Hermann Hesse

We are all unique. I would say it'd be virtually impossible to find someone like you. Only similarities.

I don't know whether we serve a purpose. It doesn't seem that we do.

An attempt at recieving attention/attraction from someone - a loved one? To feel as though we are adequate, that we are 'enough'. Of course, this doesn't always work.

I can only hope so.

I can rarely 'live freely' due to conflicting anxieties etc. I know all to well about knowing what's going on around you, but being unable to 'live' in it.

I think that's the only reason people live - to be happy. It can be hard to believe in, depending on your situation.

Everyone's got issues. Just depends what kind.

Have you ever seekd proffessional help? Medication/Therapy etc?
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

We are all supportive of each other here There are many who may have gone through the same situation as your are in now and are willing to help your through it. You need to be more explicit it what areas you need help in okay Post in the right forums so everyone can reach out and help you
  5. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

if you need to talk to a professional real life is the way to go. i'd be happy to share my experiences with talking to my doctor, getting a therapist and a psychiatrist, going to the ER, etc. just ask.
  6. the_only_one

the_only_one Well-Known Member

and the moderators here are great, they honestly dont seem like they are strict.. i know somethings they are. but its like if yiu give methods or try to talk someone into suicide. but they are all here to help you (me too)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.