Why am I so sad?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by mlxjaded, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mlxjaded

mlxjaded Well-Known Member

Lately, I've just been so sad. Even in the midst of a happy moment, I can feel myself holding back sad tears.
    Usually when I think about death, I start to panic because I just cannot fathom "nothingness." (I don't believe in heaven/hell/etc.)
    But now, it doesn't bother me.

That fear was the only thing holding me back from death for the longest time and now that it's gone I don't know what I'm going to do.

I'm just so sad.
  2. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling sad mlx. I've been feeling a little down too lately, probably because I'm getting over a bad cold, maybe bronchitis. Hope you feel better soon. :hug:
  3. CloudCatching

CloudCatching Well-Known Member

It's a matter of your perception. Happiness only seems fleeting if you let changing outer circumstances affect your perception of it.

Although, I think it might have to do with something triggering you into these bouts of sadness. Whether is be a lyric to a song, or even an old picture- It could recall passed feeling that were once subsided.

A reason it doesn't bother you anymore could be due to a mental "numb" state, if that makes sense. The topic such as death used to be a touchy one, to say the least, but now since you're in a state of constant sadness you don't perceive death to be the fear it once used to be.

If that makes sense... Although, I'm here if you ever need someone to talk to. I can try to cheer you up.
  4. emilymdh

emilymdh Member

I'm very sorry you feel this way.
    Maybe there is a reason that you have been feeling very sad, that you just haven't realized yet. One thing that I will tell you is, NEVER give up. everything will be alright, you just need to find something that makes you happy. Just know that there is , and always someone in this world that loves and cares about you. you are beautiful, and have something to contribute to this world. & being afraid is not a good, or a bad thing. but that still doesnt mean you should want to die. like i said above, there people that love and care about you very much and would not want you to feel this way. so please talk to someone about how you are feeling, if you trust a friend / family member enough. and if there is noone that you can talk to, you can talk to me. anytime, i am here for you. just please, do not give up hope. it will get better.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.