Why am I so self destructive?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by LilBoPeep, Dec 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LilBoPeep

LilBoPeep Member

Why do I mess up and do the things I do. Tonight I decided I would text my ex bf and decide to tell him his gf was cheating on him even though I have no clue who she is or if she's even cheating. I had a fake number and somehow he figured out it was me. We've been broken up for almost a year and I don't know why I did it we've been broken up for almost a year and haven't spoken in months. Now I feel like total shit because he figures out it was me. He probably thinks I'm crazy. Which I am and that I have nothing better to do with my time.

2. wyngedbyste

wyngedbyste Well-Known Member

I think the reasons we do self destructive things are many. Sometimes we think if we make other people hurt, we'll feel better. We want others to feel just as bad as we do. Kinda like misery loves company. It also gets us attention. People who feel bad about themselves will do attention-getting things to make themselves feel important. In the past, I've done self-destructive things and felt a sense of relief. Like letting off steam. I told myself I was just "telling things like they are" but really, I was doing things to hurt myself and others.

Byste

3. iwanttohelp

iwanttohelp Well-Known Member

Probably because you were acting out of anger because you somehow still feel hurt. We all want to feel good, happy and loved and sometimes when we don't we do mean things. Be patient and compassionate with yourself and try to take some time out to think about the big picture of your life.

4. LilBoPeep

LilBoPeep Member

As much as I hate to admit it. I am still hurt. I feel so pathetic because it's been almost a year but I'm still emotionally hurt by it. I never really got a valid reason from him and so much bad stuff happened that it really screwed me up. Sometimes I wish I had no feelings :sosad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.