why am i so stupid

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by 1izombie, Jul 15, 2012.

1. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

i really fuckin hate myself....i am so pathetic and useless and dumb I don't know how i've gotten through this life as long as i have...i really just want this shit to end...how long do i have to suffer my stupidity? how long do i have to suffer being me? I hate being me...why is it the others seem to coast through life where as i stumble on every little obstacle in my way? i truly don't belong here...fuck.

2. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

hey Z..I feel like that too so you're not alone
    sounds like you're really hard on yourself too
    my T's are teaching me to use positive self talk instead of beating myself up for everything that goes wrong..
    I'm still practicing!!

I know its hard when we're our own worst enemies and judge ourselves harshly.
    I reckon the first step is to try and love ourselves a more...and for me that's the hard part :hugtackles:

3. 1izombie

i'm just a social retard which is made worse when it fulled by alcohol...im just tired of being a failure

4. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

"social retard'' is pretty harsh on yourself
    what do you mean by social retard?

why makes you think your a failure ?

5. 1izombie

I act all awkward in social situations and say stupid stuff and do stupid things because i'm socially awkward and anxiety associated with that...it just makes me want to hole up in my apartment and never leave...i fuckin hate being this way

6. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty much the same!
    I do force myself out cos staying home isolated is worse for me.
    I get home and think 'wish I didn't do that' 'why did I say that?'
    but I've found out that usually others haven't even noticed what I think Ive stuffed up..

have you considered therapy to work on the social anxiety?...
    i'm still working on it ..
    I wish you can overcome this Z..
    I understand how distressing it can be :hug: