Why am I still emotionally attached?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Ridz, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Ridz

Ridz Member

Hm I been running through depression half mi life and than one day I go in eighth grade where I meet my school counselor I started sharing with her about my personal life. and than all the sudden I would visit her office at least twice a day check in and than it was end of the year so I had everyone sign like and autograph for me so she did too and she put her home number so i started calling her on that but than things got worse I started bonding with her as my mother emotionally because i don't have good relationship with either one of my parents. later freshman year started and than after few weeks in I was told by my high school counselor I am not allowed to meet her or talk to her or anything. So i got really upset started planning to hurt myself got in hospital than i still had the emotional connection but after that sophomore year started and I missed her so much at times and right now school starts for my junior next week and this morning I went on a walk and i saw someone who seemed exactly like her even the dog was exactly like hers but I really want to know whether it was her or not how should I talk to my high school counselors about this and tell them how I am missing her again like never before and I need her basically how should I talk about her without freaking out
  2. IDKwhatIwant

IDKwhatIwant Well-Known Member

it wasnt your fault. schools in force rules to prevent pedophiles. she was just forced to put some distance between you too. its natural to get upset with that much trust built into the relationship. she should of controlled things better, but all in all you did well. dont be afraid to open up, but do work on how much you depend on one person. if you talk with new counselors, ask them to explain dependency issues with you, and maybe thatll start you in a better direction.
  3. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

The school is only trying to protect your councelor from hurting you or anything. Plus I think relationships out side of school aren't allowed? I would email her on her school email address and maybe talk through there. But, the school maybe could read her logs? I think you should try and get close you your high school councelor or a teacher. You'll be there for another year too. This is nothing to hurt yourself over. You should tell her everything how you feel and see what she feels about it too. I'm sure she will say it's best to talk to your high school staff members.

By the way, junior year was my best. I'll be a senior this year.
  4. Ridz

Ridz Member

its sad but i saw her yesterday in the hallways of the high school when she is a counselor at the middle school and it was the second day of school so i m already off to a bad start becz she didnt even say high to me