Why am I supposed to be happy when I'm actually not?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are occassions (happy occassions) were everyone gets happy and excited. I try to play along and act like I'm happy, but in fact I'm not.
For example, my brother's wedding, everyone is happy for him and excited and dancing. It's not like I don't wish him happiness or something no no no. I'm glad that he's getting married and wish him the best. But the truth is that I'm not really happy. Actually I feel normal, not sad nor happy, just nothing.
Samething with birthdays. Somebody's turning 30. OK good for him/her. Why am I supposed to be happy? Heck I'm not even happy on my own birthday. I just feel nothing, like normal.
This puts me in some awkward situations when people start to get notice that I'm not happy and that it's clear that I'm trying to act happy (I really suck at faking emotions) which raises questions in thier heads like "Is he jealous? He's envying me! He's really mean". While in fact I couldn't care less about his/her widdeng/birthday/new car or whatever.
So, should I really be happy in such situatuons? If yes, then why I don't feel happy and excited like everyone else. What's wrong with me

full

SF Supporter
Ha, there is nothing wrong with you. You will be happy when you feel happy. That's all. Allow emotions as they come, or do not come. As you put it, just normal. You just do not put as much importance on the things some other people do.

If you find out what's wrong with you - can you share, cause it's wrong with me too. I'm 'always' angry, no matter whats going on. at least that's what other people tell me. I don't feel angry I just feel nothing or I feel sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00