Why are drugs illegal??

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by WhyMeWhy, Dec 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

Ok, you must a ll know that I came from the era of "sex, drugs' & rockin-roll". I'M only posting Manson musc/lyrics. And relogiuosly listening to his music. And you mustalso notice that I'm pro choice on the drug issue. I think they should be legalized. Reason:

Most are tought in moderationthough. I mean, too much Food wil kill you! As I was. think about it

Pros
    less crime
    happiear ppl(usually)Brave New World
    Read the inside cover of Cypress Hill's Black Sunday album which to weed only can be apprled.
    Opin & cocaine would not exist without these 2 plants, put on this earth for us to use

Cons
    Chlidren will get them

I belive that if you are strong enough to risk temptaition, you are blessed wi th a gift that some (Like ME) just arent fortunsate to have. And "drugs" aren't leagal???????? Tocacco + alcohol are leagal! :WTF:

({i]pleasse forgive my spelling I'm on 4 diferent "wavelenghts" so to speak
    ) :wink: :yes:

2. protonaut

protonaut Well-Known Member

Re: Why are dugs illegal??

I'll spare you the lecture - basically the war on drugs is about economic, social, and political control.

Chomsky offers a little history on drug policy if you're interested.

http://www.chomsky.info/interviews/20020208.htm

Here's some books on the subject that you'll never read because you're too damn stoned all the time. Just kidding.

Sense and Nonsense About Crime and Drugs:
    A Policy Guide

The American Disease:
    Origins of Narcotic Control

Why Our Drug Laws Have Failed
    Ceremonial Chemistry:
    The Ritual Persecution of Drugs, Addicts, and Pushers

Drugs and Rights
    Drug War Heresies:
    Learning from Other Vices, Times, and Places

Forces of Habit:
    Drugs and the Making of the Modern World

Our Right to Drugs:
    The Case for a Free Market

3. ybt

ybt Guest

First of all, the entire argument that children getting hold of drugs is bad is nonsense. If taught about the risks, they should be able to use them just as much as any person.

The war on drugs is filled with conspiracy theories, some of which are probably right and some of which are probably wrong. From my perspective of not having enough knowledge to prove or disprove conspiracy theories, I would say that it comes from studies (which are wrong) that show that if you use drugs your mind will become fried, etc. That's the argument. Of course, I favor legalization of all drugs.

4. WhyMeWhy

It is true that most dugs are poison....but ppl make them that, by usibg too much, too often. But I say , that if you don't have enough a dose can do you good... like medication. Never use too much... have some fucking common sense for gods sake! Never use too much. Most ppl know this. OD's are not fun at all. i you're goin to OD all the time(for whatever reason), youcould be turned into a vegetable. Also try not to use daily. It's more addictive that way. Your tolerance skyrockets then you neerd more & more. Now that will kill you, eventually wanyway.

And ok cocaine isnt it's original form, once chemicals are added.
    But maryjuana is a plant born of the earth, usually pure.

And did youknow that cops use the word "narcotic" to wrongly refer to all drugs?
    Caffiene can also be addictive = legal as well.
    SMP :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2007
  5. protonaut

It does take a mature person to handle certain substances responsibly, but I usually stuck with psychedelics which aren't physically addictive as many legal medications are - ironically enough. I've personally experienced wonderful benefits from lsd, mdma, and marijuana. One of my old college professors is actually a marijuana activist, and he was also one of the most brilliant and creative teachers I've ever known. Anti-drug propaganda is commonly filled with exaggerated claims, often to the point of comedy. I've also tried a number of other notoriously "hard" drugs - none of which proved addictive or harmful in my case. Then again, I've never even been hooked on nicotine, alcohol, or caffeine. Those of you who eat compulsively or smoke cigarettes may want to avoid drugs. The risk factor tends to be related more to the personality of an individual user than the chemical composition of the substances. When in doubt, avoid drugs. Otherwise, educate yourself on harm-reduction and use some common sense.

6. Blackness

Blackness Guest

I think it would be a stupid idea to legalise drugs. I mean yeh, I beleive in freedom of choice, but you have to think about the lethal consequences of drug use. I think this may come down to money too. Sure it's fun to go out and get stoned, but what about when these morons start invading our hospitals? and the crime rate increases? then what happens to all the innocent people? stupid idea.

7. protonaut

The crime rate increases when drugs are illegal. Government regulation would eliminate the black market demand which attracts drug dealers and organized crime in the first place. Most of our prison population is confined due to drug-related charges.

8. Blackness

Blackness Guest

^^It depends on what kind of crimes you're talking about.
    Woopee the crime rate is high now?, and our jails are full of drug trafficers and naughty people caught with them? so who cares. Legalise drugs and there will be more significant crimes than that, which could put society at more of a risk.

9. protonaut

I don't think legalizing something like marijuana would yield an increase in other crimes. Alcohol and Absinthe are legal in the U.S. mainly for purposes of profit. Recall what happened to the crime rate during the prohibition era. http://www.reason.com/news/show/121674.html

10. Jump

Jump Member

All drugs should be legal. When used responsibly I believe they can make you a better person - and you get to see and feel some cool stuff.

If government did legalize drugs crime would go down- there is no doubt about that, many people are in prison for drug related crimes. Drugs do not make you commit crimes- go to a club where everyone is on ecstasy- no one is fighting, go to a pub with people drinking and you will see the opposite.

Governments should start selling the drugs directly to us- This would be good because

1. The drugs would be pure, no contaminated crap in them. This would lower the death rate of drugs and make people have a better time when on them.

2. They would make billions and billions and billions of dollars- They would obviously put a big tax on them but they would still be cheaper than buying from some drug pusher as they are shipping them legally.
    With this massive extra money they could improve the health service make more nukes etc etc.

Alcohol is legal, tobacco is legal- these two are just of not more dangerous than most banned substances. Its all politics and it sickens me. We banned alcohol a while ago and we created Al Capone.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2007
  11. WhyMeWhy

The hard-crimes will definitly decrease. Think of how many officers of the law are harmed or killed tryin to keep drugs illegal. A useless endeavor. People are goin to get and use drugs anyway, why even try to stop them. Especially at the risk of your own safety/life? I don't get that! :blink: And some of the most addictive & deadly drugs are already completely legal.... thanx to Dr. Death writing prescriptions all willy nilly.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2007
  12. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

junk food robberies would skyrocket! causing the market to spiral out of control and crash sending all of western society into chaos allowing al qaeda to win the game.

13. protonaut

By crom, you may be right. I suggest emailing Thomas Friedman about this point to see what he thinks. If you can't get ahold of him, I'll just visit his house on Christmas morning and confront him in person, since he lives near me according to Wikipedia. Also, I wonder if either of Friedman's two daughters are single.

14. WhyMeWhy

They could fucking TAX drugs. Wouldn't that help the econimy alot? Sure there should be punishments for selling drugs to 5 year olds.... but come on! Who would be stupid enough to do something like that? Plus, they could sell weaker drugs w/ less potential for serious addiction.

15. ybt

ybt Guest

Why do people feel the need to tax drugs? They don't tax alcohol.

16. WhyMeWhy

They do where I live.

17. WhyMeWhy

DUDE, took just now 1 hit of stuff thart is appearently very good.

Me B4=I hate myself for making the mistakes that I'm making in life! Storming around the house, angry/suicidal & talkin to myself about it.
    Thinking of the methods that I have access to & ready to consider it/planning it out & seeing my self commiting very easily(I've accsess to many options)
    :smoke:
    Me-after I'm spacy and my mood suddenly changed for the better!. I'm only a human, my race can hardly be called perfect in every way at all times. Humans make mistakes and they mistakes are to be learned from. I might have gone through w/ it.... and it's possible the weed stopped me from *byebye* atitude and mine was extreme I had the method(s) in my hand literally.

Now I have not smoked cannibus for quite a long time(found someones pipe-remains). I'm misspellin words , then going back to correc t it this has taken a long time to post so I gota so enjoy my good mood while it lasts, no ione will read this anyway, but I HIGHLY encourage it's usage it's saved my fucking lifejust now!!

18. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Alcohol, cigarettes and strip clubs are taxed here. It's called a "sin tax" lol. Drugs are illegal because the government hasn't figured out a way to make the profit worth it to them. Once that happens, HELLO HEROIN!

19. MrDepressed

MrDepressed Guest

I think legallising all drugs is absurd, my reason is simple, people in general are far to stupid to be able to make a responsible decision.. more than half the laws are there because people f'ed up for the rest of people who would do something responisably, common sense is not so common anymore, greed is abound and if you legalise it than I could only imagine the new sets of wars that the world would have on their hands and the far more rampant stupidity that would enter our society.. While I do think that many of the drug laws need to be re-examined and more true scientific studies need to be done so that the drugs can be reclassified.

20. WhyMeWhy

I will not let this go.......
    Certain drugs should definitly be legal. Certain drugs cannot kill in natural form. FUCK TOBACCO which is chemically altered w/ additives & shit! How many of you out there are smoking cigarettes right now? Kill the government for attempting to kill you... you think they care? & You're paying them to do it.... All you college students.... why do I hear about acohol poisoning all the time(in US)? The drugs that are legal are killing everyone and nothing can be done about this??? Join NORML if you're as real as I am. :wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.