Why are drugs illegal??

Status
Not open for further replies.

rojomi

Banned Member
I agree that certain drugs should be legal, especially weed. The tide on that is SLOWLY turning as more & more US legislators w/ cancer and other painful maladies use it "medicinally". All of my representatives have been informed on my stand-i.e.-legalize & tax it for recreational use, provide it tax-free to those who use it medicinally.Would open up a whole new debate-who's recreation, who's medical? But that's what the shithead legislators get paid for-fucking up the laws so we have to resort to all sorts of nonsense just to get a buzz.
I just had a small bowl & am sipping a kir before bed. It's snowing and i have to drive in it tomorrow. Damn snow (hey oh).

WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy, which drugs are you proposing should be legal? Just maurijuana? Or all drugs?
How about natural ones(chronic/shrooms) and unfortunately opium which the chinese discovered(I think).

I would be for legalization of all drugs however that's not feasable at this time. Why they just tried to legalize up to 1 oz. of maryjane for personal use. The cops were on tv opposing it(fuck) so the vote turned out to be against the legalization(in my state).
The all drugs thing would give the government fuckin population control. All junkies would either kill themselves(accidently) or kill eachother. You think that's not goin on already? It would happen on a more massive scale... once everbody is convinced that because it's legal it's right ppl who have never had some will try some and od themselves depending on certain circumstances. I really did not think of the deaths which might occur once it's legal. But the government is already doin that with the money it costs to buy name brand drugs vs. generic... someone who dosen't know what they're doin get hold of the stronger one and accidently dies.

It seems to me that poor cannabis will never be legalized on it's own. All because people will grow their own then the government can't tax it or corner the market as they do with tobacco. Now, monopolizing the market on sticky-icky or chocolate thai stick any chron really would happen easily. Heavy prices on the better drug = more tax and maybe happier ppl as you learn you no longer have to go searching the streets for something decent to smoke.

If smoke were ever legalized ppl may demand the legalization of other drugs as well. Like peyote-another natural substance. The answer to this thread's title is clear. I never thought that I'd be reminded of how truly dumb ppl can be as I made this thread. I just remember a time period in history where all drugs were legal-like as they were first discovered or made-atleast that's what I've heard. So man fucked it up for everyone, then the so-called government took over & wrote laws against it. I want to look up exactly what happened when certain drugs were made or dicovered, then why the laws are in place right now? The US government has the drug market cornered anyway... You can get legal amphetamines(speed) legal derivatives of heroin, & legal downers(barbituates/benzos) from the good doc. Thanx to science new drugs are bein made on the street or in the lab. When I was in school I learned about Cat-a form of speed bein made on the street at the time. People are creating more drugs on their own so why not legalize everything(setting a strict rule, like an age limit)? I never heard of anything called Special K other than the time I ate it for breakfast(cereal). Let the government have complete control of all drugs. Might as well is too late to stop ppl from selling large quantities already and killin eachother.

M

MrDepressed

I think endeavors like www.maps.org are great ones, while I do not support the legalization of all drugs, natural or not, I do support scientific research into any and all the drugs.. its things like this that will get laws changed about specific drugs, maybe not today or tomorrow but it can happen down the line. Laws are in place because of stupidity imo, and that hurts the good person... all great things start as a thought and than action though.

Shogun

I think legalizing hard drugs like heroine, crystal meth and crack is absurd, but maurijuana being legalized should be reviewed by the government. Although I think it's been scientifically proven that maurijuana/THC slows the brain and senses down (think being the key word, don't quote me on that) which would obviously see a rise in unemployment due to being to stoned to bother going into work, I do buy into the whole legalizing drugs would cut crime significantly.

I don't know whether anyone here's seen a strong crack of meth abusers appearance, but it severely messes up one's looks. The face can appear gaunt, their weight will decease to dangerous levels and constant crystal meth users teeth often fall out, I think "meth teeth" is a term that's used to describe it.

I used to be addicted to cocaine and although I managed to quit it and have been clean for a number of years now, a bad and annoying habit of grinding my teeth has remained with me that I developed whilst on coke. So there are small cons that we might overlook without properly thinking things over. There are always the comedowns from drugs too, I was sky high on coke, but the comedowns were overwhelmingly bad. I don't know if anyone other drug users have experienced bad comedowns, but they are one of the main reasons that I no longer touch drugs of any kind, not even alcohol, to this day.

Fact is, people can be mind numbingly stupid and it's those that "ruin it for the rest of us." The government can never be blamed for making naturally grown drugs illegal, it's the stupid ones that are to blame. People get greedy and upping their dosage to please their own selfish cravings are the things that break up families and ruin lives. But there's no way that class A drugs will ever be legalized and nothing anyone can say will convince me of supporting it personally either. I also support scientific research into drugs especially maurijuana, it must be reviewed, I think the laws on weed are out dated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00